Search for content in message boards

Joseph Larocque/LaRock Que>Ont>NY

Joseph Larocque/LaRock Que>Ont>NY

Posted: 19 Mar 2006 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LaRock, Larocque, Pike, Kitts
I'm searching for evidence about the parents and wives of Joseph Larocque, who was born about 1795 in Rigaud, Vaudreuil, Quebec. Joseph died 26 Sep 1878 in St. Lawrence Co., NY. He was in the War of 1812 in the militia, Battle of Lundy's Lane, and was captured by the Americans along with brother Francois. They were POWs for about a year near Albany, NY. Joseph married first possibly Laura Leroy in about 1821 in Canada and they had son William LaRock in 1823. Joseph married second Ann(a) McKenzie and had the following children, all born in Canada: July 1828 Celia [married Levi Snow]; abt 1831 Mary [married A. DeMarce]; James Robert b. 9 Dec 1834, married Rozilla Pike and died 25 April 1909 in Minnesota; Joseph LaRock; Francis LaRock; and an unknown female.
The family moved to St. Lawrence County, NY, about 1840, probably the Fowler area. I have info to share about James Robert LaRock's line. Thanks for any information!

Re: Joseph Larocque/LaRock Que>Ont>NY

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 6:10AM GMT
Surnames: LaRock
my great-grandfather's name was Joseph Larock, he had a son Named Dana LaRock he was born 1913. I have just started doing research on the family. I have also been told that he was a full blooded Apache. Please respond either way if this is helpful or not. I really need to know.

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Larock
Hello. I would be surprised if your Larock is related, because Quebec, New York, and Wisconsin are a long ways from Apache country (Arizona and environs). Our LaRocks didn't get out of the upper Midwest, as far as I know, until my husband ventured to the West. In 1913 or so, our LaRocks were in the area of Pine Island, MN. Altho I once thot LaRock was an unusual name, I have found that upper NY state and Canada are full of them! Did you know that there's a website on the LaRocque/LaRock family. I don't know the URL offhand, but try googling it. It doesn't have any 20th century info, though. At least the last time I checked. My husband once talked to a Sioux lady who said she was a LaRock (spelling uncertain), but Sioux ranged all over the northern Northeast and Midwest. You might want to ignore the possible Indian connection for the time being and just look for LaRock. Good luck!

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 12:05AM GMT
I do not know how the LaRock family got to Vermont, but I do know from history that alot of Apache people were sent to Florida., And how knows where they went from there. My aunt was told by her father that he was FULL BLOODED APACHE.

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 12:19AM GMT
Vermont is close to NY and Quebec, so it would be easy for Larocque/LaRocks to get there. Hmmm--If you look up the history of Apaches (perhaps online), they were not one of the "5 Civilized Tribes" who were rounded up and went on the Trail of Tears from Florida and the American Deep South westward all the way to Oklahoma Indian Territory. You might want to go to www.cindislist.com and see if there is a category for Indian research.

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 4:01AM GMT
My grandfather, Edgar Joseph LaRocque was born in Ontario, Canada in 1893-1894? Wondering if there is a relationship.

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 4:29PM GMT
FORl smmp3cn
My grandfather, Edgar Joseph LaRocque was born in Ontario, Canada in 1893-1894? Wondering if there is a relationship.

Who did he marry?
Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions