Search for content in message boards

William & John McGaugh / McGough

William & John McGaugh / McGough

Nona Nunnelly (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 6:29AM GMT
Surnames: McGAUGH, McGOUGH, McGAIOCH
William McGaugh first found in Davidson Co., TN deeds recording land in 1788. He died there in 1789. His son John married in Davidson County in 1791, living there until 1820 when he moved his complete family to Ray Co., Missouri.

Some family records indicate William was in the Augusta Co., VA area ca 1750; John possibly born there.

The name was recorded in Davidson Co. as "McGaioch" at first; later as McGaugh. May have been two separate families in the Davidson area; some names not William's sons.

I want to know where William and family lived prior to Davidson County; and what country they came from.

Re: William McGaugh

Posted: 12 Oct 2003 8:07PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 6:30AM GMT
Surnames: McGaugh
William McGaugh arrived from Ireland (county unknown by me) in the early 1740's and Virginia is also my first reference. I myself am trying to find out where in Ireland to begin my research for family left behind in Ireland.

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 7:39PM GMT
There is a website called Mcgaugh Family history or someting like that there you will find a lot of info on the McGaugh in America what I saw was he was from Pomeroy,Tyrone,Ulster Ireland

Posted: 4 Jun 2011 3:04AM GMT
Can you please give me more information re: this website? I
would like to look at it. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic