Search for content in message boards

Relatives of Kellis McGlothlin / Rena Webb?

Relatives of Kellis McGlothlin / Rena Webb?

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2002 1:39AM GMT
I am looking for relatives of Kellis Alberda McGlothlin (b. 7/16/1874 Roane Co., WV) who married Rena Webb (b.~ 1873) . [ Kellis is the son of James Harvey McGlothlin and Pricilla (Pricy) Justice]. My aunt is able to name 12 children in their family, but she has no knowledge of the dates of their births, or of any of their marriages and families.

Re: Relatives of Kellis McGlothlin / Rena Webb?

Michael Earl McGlothlin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
It about floored me when I saw Kellis McGlothlin. He was my great grandfather. My grandfather is Earl B. McGlothlin
Earl was born on dec 21? 1898 and passed away aug? 1982. The only siblings I can think of is his brother Dow
I have a photo of Kellis and Rena taken when Earl was three or four with all of his family ( if I can find it)
By the way Earl would never say what the B for his middle name stood for.
My father was Billy Earl McGlothlin b. 9-21-28 d. 11-4-93

Michael McGlothlin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2002 10:29PM GMT
Joan or should I say cuz,
I found all of the names of our realatives and your aunt was correct in that there were twelve siblings. My aunt Madline Smith McGlothlin was very knowledgeable and Rena and Kellis were born on the same day 7-16-1873
Here is the list of the children:

Glenna .b. 1-13-1895
Dessie b. 5-23-1896
Robert Earl b.12-24-1898 my grandfather
Nancy b.9-28-1899
Chirty b. 5-6-1901
Thumper ( nick name?) b.1-26-1903 died
Hurshel b. 3-05-1905
Preston. 8-22-1907
D. J. Othan McG b. 8-28-1912 died
Willa b. 5-2-1912
Dow b.4-6-1915
Fulua b.10-3-1917

I aslo found the photo. Now I am hooked on this. Get in touched as soon as you can.Take care Michael

Gail (McGlothlin) Brady (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2003 11:53PM GMT
I found your post on the message board at rootsweb.
Kellis and Rena were my grandparents. I would love to share what information i have with what you have.

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2003 8:59PM GMT
Hi Michael,

I tried to email you but it doesn't work, but I would love to have a copy of the picture of Kellis and Renia.

My line is from Thomas McGlothlin, brother of James Harvey. I have a few pictures also, I wouldn't mind sharing.

Posted: 11 Aug 2004 2:41AM GMT
Debbie: Does Rena Webb's roots go back to Franklin County Virginia. One of James Tazewell Radford's descendants married a Martha Ellen Webb, who was the daughter of Flemon Webb(born in Franklin County in1836), who was the son of Eli Webb. I have been unsucessful in finding Eli's parentage.
Bernie Radford

Re: Relatives of Kellis McGlothlin / Rena Webb

Posted: 4 Jan 2006 12:41AM GMT
Micheal-
Kellis Alberda McGlothlin was my Great-Grandfather- naturally Rena Webb being my Great -grandmother. My Grandmother was Willa McGlothlin ( who married Robert Harold)....my mother was Orpha Darl Harold who died in 2003- who married Gary Boston- Then came myself- Julie Boson-Alexander- their only child. My grandmother spoke of Uncle Dow and Aunt Fulva and Delmar. I have a few photos that may interest you. I have a really nice one of Rena and the children. I DO NOT have any photos of Kellis and whould love to have some. Could I purchase a copy from you??- Look forward to hearing from you-Julie B. Alexander

Re: Relatives of Kellis McGlothlin / Rena Webb

mike mcglothlin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2006 4:40AM GMT
hey cuz,
e me at my new address. michael

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: McGlothlin
YES I AM!!!! YES I AM!!!! YES I AM!!!! I am the Great Granddaughter of Kellis and Rena McGlothlin!!!!! My Dad recently told me all about Billy Earl's AWESOME Military Service!! I can't wait to learn more!!! Please contact me!!!!!

Posted: 24 Feb 2009 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: McGlothlin
I'm Willa McGlothin Harold's Granddaughter!!! I'd love to hear from any of you!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions