Search for content in message boards

William Noble and Jane Nethery

William Noble and Jane Nethery

Bill Noble (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2002 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I need some help.
William Noble was born in 1765, he married Jane Nethery in Ireland.He died here in Canada 19 December 1855.

I have been unable to learn about all of the children, but, I am told that those that came to Canada were:

Ann Noble, born about 1819-20, married James Jamieson,

William Noble Jr, born ?, married Margaret Lawson on the 14 December 1844 in Ireland, I believe he was a coachman for the Lawson family, seems that Margaret was dis-owned by the family, William and Margaret apparently married and ran off to Canada.

Irvine Noble, born 1825, married Jane Rolston/Rolstone.

George Noble, born about 1828,

Alexander Noble, born about 1832, married Eleanor Bussy.

There were apparently other children that did not come to Canada, these are unknown.
Does anyone have knowledge of this family? They came from County Fermanagh.

Re: William Noble and Jane Nethery

Bill M. (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2002 3:33PM GMT
Where in Canada did William Noble settle? 'Noble' was a given name common among the descendents of a number of fFermanagh families who settled in Carleton Co., Ontario.

Bill Noble (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2002 8:41PM GMT
Bill;
Thanks for responding, William & Jane settled in Prince Edward County, as did most of their children, Nearly all of them died here, though I have not traced them thoroughly since I have no proof of a family connection. My g-g-grandfather John would fit in very nicely with the ages of the others.There are incidents where William's daughter Ann was involved in the baptism of John's children, this would tend to indicate a relationship.
Do you have anything on William & Jane?

Elizabeth bogue (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2005 8:11AM GMT
Surnames: Noble Finnegan
Hi Bill,My greatgrandfather was William Noble from Clones Monaghan,Ireland.I heard recently that our Nobles came from Donagh,Fermanagh.All your Noble names are also found in the Monaghan records.I also saw a message before from Bill Noble enquiring re Jane and Arthur Noble from Clonrigh,Drumully.I think this is Clonrye and this is where our William Noble came from.Our William married Anne Finnegan and his mother and sisters emigrated.I would like tocatch up with some of thes Noble connections.Cheers Liz.
l.emahon@homemail.com.au

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: Noble, Lawson and Patterson
I have a Margaret Lawson born 1813 Drumchorich, Drumkeeran. Lawson is an unusual surname in that area and after scouring the records locally, I believe she may be the Margaret who married William Noble on 13 December 1844 in Lack Parish Church, Colaghty. She would have been 31 which is quite old but so many women died in the Famine in the 1840's that she could have been a 2nd wife. I have been unable to find later records for her and so it is possible she went to Canada. Do you have any more information on the couple? Did they have children?

I also have a record for a Jane Noble and Samuel Patterson having a son Samuel born Sept 1865 in Ederny Fermanagh. My Lawson family are connected by marriage with the Pattersons.

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT
William & Jane are my gggg grandparents; according to family lore, they were both born in Northern Ireland, had about 10 children and then came to Canada about 1845, although I have no dates or proof.
Apparently their son, William, was a coachman, in Ireland, met Margaret Lawson, who was from an aristocratic family, fell in love and ran away to be married; after which her family disowned them. Margaret died January, 1848 when her horse ran away, and the buggy overturned. She had thrown John, her son, to safety into a snow bank. She is buried in Prince Edward County, Ontario.
There was at least one other child that I know of, Bessie Lawson Wilson Noble. Unfortunately, again, I have no dates and no proof.
I would certainly appreciate receiving any information or copies of pictures you may have on their ancestor.

thank you

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: noble/lawson/wilson/irvine
My 4xGreat Grandparents were John Lawson b abt 1775 and Elizabeth (Bessie) Wilson. He was a Freeholder Farmer paying £4 rent pa in 1801 for a house and land in Drumhorich, Drumkeeran Fermanagh. A fair sum in those days but by no means indicating wealth! They had 10 children. Margaret born in 1813 was the 8th child. She married William Noble on 13 Dec 1844 in Lack Parish Church, Colaghty. Some of the early Drumhorich records were registered in the Diocese of Colaghty. Whether Margaret and William ran away I do not know but it is interesting that they had a daughter Bessie Lawson Wilson Noble - too much of a coincidence not to be my Bessie's Granddaughter! Son John could be named after his grandfather. In your previous thread you mentioned an Irvine and that is a common first name in my tree. Also 2 of Margaret's older sisters married into the Irvine family. The potato famine of the 1840's led to many families emigrating and a number of Lawsons came to Scotland - my line came to Edinburgh where I now live. It would be interesting if you could tell me anything more about the Canadian family. My email address is:
jmandjmpoole@btinternet.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions