Search for content in message boards

Saunders of London and Syndey

Saunders of London and Syndey

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2005 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Saunders Hills
Is anyone researching the Saunders family of London mid1800s? My Fanny Saunders b1835, married in perhaps the Kensington or Hammersmith area. Went to New Zealand in 1873 and later Sydney Australia. On census said she was born in Sopley but hard to read the writing. In London they did a laundry business.

Re: Saunders of London and Syndey

Posted: 17 Jan 2006 9:29PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2006 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: saunder
my name is margaret
and my sister is looking for her dad
name is leslie saunders
and he was london in the 1940

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2006 3:45AM GMT
Since my known Saunders ancestor left England for New Zealand in 1873, I have to still find out who her parents were, before I will know whatever relatives may have stayed in England. I will keep working on it and I will keep your question in mind.

Margaret (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2006 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: kennedy
hi
thnkyou for the e-mail
it is nice of you to had a look for me
on my sister birth and adopter certified there is kown name
of her father it was what she was told by her mother
she was a kennedy she married my dad in the end which was a Atkins
l not shaw if this was not a one night stand or she was going out for a time in the 40 or 50 it is very hard for me.
has l say he did come from london.
l am also looking for my family Atkins
my is the USA has l am in England
thank you
margaret

Re: Update on my Saunders of London and Syndey

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2006 2:42AM GMT
To add to my message above, we now know Fanny was born Taplow, Bucks, Eng and her parents were William and Sarah Saunders/Sanders. I have Fanny's siblings names, and some of Fanny's history up to about 1905 but not after that. Am still in need of her ancestry. Dad William Saunders apparently born about 1807 in Oxford.

Re: Update on my Saunders of London and Syndey

Posted: 16 Mar 2006 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: KRONES MIDDLETON SAUNDERS
Jean:

I have a William Wilson SAUNDERS born circa 1800, and married in 1832 at Shoreditch, England, to a Mary Ann. They had a daughter Kathrine Mary Ann SAUNDERS.

Does any of this fit into your SAUNDERS line?

Thank you, Peggy.

Saunders

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2006 9:47PM GMT
Hi Peggy, thankyou for writing. My Fanny b1834 had a sister named Mary Ann Saunders born/Christened Sept 7, 1845. Your William's wife's name doesnt fit mine. Do our Mary Anns match? I think my William stayed in Taplow, Buckinghamshire for most of his life.

Re: Saunders

Posted: 16 Mar 2006 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: KRONES MIDDLETON SAUNDERS
Hi Jean:

The families probably don't match unless they are cousins.

My William Wilson SAUNDERS born circa 1800 married a Mary Ann (last name unknown) 22 Feb 1832, St. Leonard's Church, Shoreditch, England. They had a daughter, Kathrine Mary Ann SAUNDERS,, born circa 1836. Kathrine married Samuel Edward MIDDLETON, 19 March 1856, London, England. Samuel and Kathrine had a son, Samuel Edward MIDDLETON, born 26 June 1856, 7 parker St., Soho, England.

It was the Samuel born in 1856 who emigrated to Canada and then the United States who is my great grandfather.

This is all the information I have on the SAUNDERS line.

Thank you, Peggy

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions