Search for content in message boards

Liverpool Crew - question about date

Liverpool Crew - question about date

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all,
Look at the image attached - a crew list form type. Which date needs to be entered? The one from the column 'Date and Place of Signing This Agreement'? ie 3 Jun 1913?
There is no stamped date anywhere on this image.
Thanks
Colleen
Attachments:

Re: Liverpool Crew - question about date

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 8:01AM GMT
There is no registry date on this one - many do not have one at all

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 8:35AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 8:35AM GMT
This type of crew list does not have a registry date on it. For a fuller explanation, look at the help pages for the project which gives some examples.

The only type of crew list where I have found a registry date is an older type of list (around the 1860's). In this type of list, the ship information is shown at the top of the form and the crew & apprentices appear below. An example appears as the third of the additional crew list images on the Wiki page.

Hope that helps.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 10:20PM GMT
Thank you to you both for your help. Much appreciated.
Colleen

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 1:35AM GMT
Hi to you both,
meantime - received an answer from ancestry support regarding the Registry Date question posed for this image. They confirmed your replies; viz:

While I do see a date of 23/6/13 in the section titled, "Date and Place of signing the agreement" this wouldn't be the Registry date.

The Registry date will typically be on either the top or the bottom of the record and should appear after where it says Received At, or something similar to that or it may be stamped somewhere on the page.

If you don't see something like that on the image you are keying, which I don't see that on this image, simply leave that information blank.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions