Search for content in message boards

Spurlock family of Jackson Co. Tn>>then found in Lake Co. Ind

Spurlock family of Jackson Co. Tn>>then found in Lake Co. Ind

Posted: 28 Jan 2008 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spurlock and Stouts
Joseph Shaw Spurlock & Alice Stout were married in Jackson Co. Tn__they were found in different TN. counties.
Alice & some of her children were in Gary Ind. 1930 census yr.She was also listed as family on a few of her sons WW11 draft info in the early 1940's.
Alice is a dau. of Robert & Elizabeth "Bettie" Stout__
Would like to share info on this family group.
Their oldest sons were__ Robert Lee Spurlock and Charlie Frank Spurlock, lots more children.
Thanks for any info....

Re: Spurlock family of Jackson Co. Tn>>then found in Lake Co. Ind

Posted: 29 Jan 2008 3:16PM GMT

There were two separate groups of Spurlocks who lived in Jackson County, Tenn as early as 1815. One was connected to the Manier family that you posted.

There was a Shaw Spurlock born 1853. I show him as the father of Robert Lee born 1891. Was this Shaw your Joseph Shaw Spurlock ? One in Marion, Ind was Thomas Lock Spurlock born 1893. I know of the Lock family connection to the Spurlocks also. One in Marion, Ind. was Ray Carter Spurlock. The Tenn. Spurlocks were also connected to the Carter family.

What specifically are you looking for ?

- Ken

Posted: 31 Jan 2008 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Stout , Spurlock
Thanks for your reply__The Joseph Shaw Spurlock family unit, son of Drury and Paralee (Pistole) Spurlock, he was born Dec 1869 in JC, TN. This is family I have questions of.
My question is __does anyone know where he >Joseph Shaw< died & is buried?
Also where his wife, Alice (Stout) Spurlock, may have died & When ?

Posted: 31 Jan 2008 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Carters and Spurlock
Ken, I believe the Spurlocks & Carters of Jackson Co. you spoke of.... the Spurlock men were sons of Johnson & Polly Ann Spurlock.
And the women, were dau's of Thaxton & Jane ( Richmond)Carter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions