Search for content in message boards

John Morgan - killed by Indians

John Morgan - killed by Indians

Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Morgan
My ancestor, John Morgan, married to Sarah, was reportedly killed by Indians at the mouth of Beargrass Creek in Jefferson County, Kentucky 1780-1790. His daughter Jane Morgan married Jacob Larue, one of the early settlers of Larue county. Would appreciate hearing if anyone has heard of such an incident.

Morgan killed by Indians

Posted: 26 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2003 5:25PM GMT
Do you have any information about other possible descendents of John Morgan. My great uncle who lived in Jefferson Co. told me That we were descended from a Morgan who came there with two sons, When he was killed by Indians at ? creek the two sons stayed in the area with their mother.

John Morgan's son

Shirley Schumacher (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Do you know if Charles Morgan may have been one of John Morgan's sons. I have a Charles Morgan married Elizabeth Glover June 11, 1785 in Jefferson Co,Ky. Would like a marriage bond if one is available. When I sent to Jefferson Co for this marriage only received copy from marriage book with names and dates It was recorded in Book 1 page 2 Thanks
Shirley

john Morgan

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2003 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: morgan
I have additional information about the John Morgan Killed at Beargrass creek. This I got from Jane Morgan Miller. John morgan was my gggggf, son of Charles Morgan and husband of Sarah (Sallie) Reaves. His mother was killed at the same time. I have no further information past Charles, but some from John down.

Re: John Morgan's son

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 8:23AM GMT
I have a wealth of info on the Morgans. Contact if you might be interested.

obrien.wise@gmail.come

Re: John Morgan's son

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 8:24AM GMT
I have info on the Morgans. Directly descended. Write if interested.

obrien.wise@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic