Search for content in message boards

Zarley Cemetery in Joliet, illinois

Zarley Cemetery in Joliet, illinois

Posted: 11 Jul 2011 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brandon - Ferguson
I am looking for the graves of my great grandparents, Charles W. Brandon (1798-1871) and Clarissa Ferguson Brandon (1803-1848). Charles was born in CT., son of Charles Willis Brandon and Martha Knowlton. I have no information on Clarissa. I would appreciate any information that anyone has on both or either of these people. Thank you so much.

Re: Zarley Cemetery in Joliet, illinois

Posted: 10 Aug 2011 9:50PM GMT
Try find a grave it is free.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 10:29AM GMT
Did you find the grave sites for Charles and Clarissa Brandon in the Zarley cemetery? They are near the road and the far right side and near a tree. Only Charles is clear enought to read and the same tools must have been used to make some of the letters, some do not look right. There is no doubt it is their resting place.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 2:41PM GMT
I live in CA so have not been to the cemetery. Have just checked online through various sites. Really wanted birth and death dates for both. Have some info on charles, very little on clarissa. Will keep checking internet. Thanks for the info

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 7:11PM GMT
They are also ancestors of my husband. We have found information on Charles W. Brandon but not much on his wife Clarissa Ferguson. In the census all of her children were born in New York. I have wondered if she had been part of the Fergusons of Springfield, Otsego, New York. The time,the religion, & the famly names like Jennette & William are right.There seem to be family names related to the Brandon side too. There is also a Charles M or W Brandon in the 1820 Springfield, New York census. I have no idea if this is right. If you find out anything about her let me know. Charle's cemetery stone is very old but says Chas Brandon died Sept 25, 1872 72 years old. The stone next to it is older and impossible to read. The Zarly cemetery is small and old it is very near where he lived, where his home was might be a gravel pit now. If I can help you let me know.

Posted: 8 Jun 2012 7:50PM GMT
Sorry I just looked at my notes, it is Middlefield, Otsego, New York not Sprinfield for the 1820 census.

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 3:18AM GMT
Did you find what you wanted in the 1830 Springfield,Otsego, New York Federal census/ They are all there:Charles W. Brandon- 2Females under 5, Deborah & Elizabeth(1);1 female 30-40 Clarissa(abt 27); 1 male 30-40 Charles W.(32); 2 males 5-10 Nathaniel(6) & William(7); ! male under 5 C.Manassah (4); Charles Brandon- !female 50-60 Martha(53) & 1 male 50-60 Charles(57); Nelson Lake- 1 female under 5 Martha(2),1 female 30-40 Rebecca Brandon Lake(31), 1 female 15-20 ? maybe a sister of Nelson, 1 male under 5 charles (3) & 1 male 20-30 Nelson Lake(26). I really think Clarissa is part of the Ferguson family 0f the Otsego area. David Ferguson had 11 children with only about 3 named in records. Looking at past querys p do you know that Mary M. Brandon 1841-1899 is buried in the Oakwood cemetery in Joliet, Il. She is buried near her sister-in-law Anna Elizabeth Parker Brandon, Manassah's wife, also his son Knowlton and his family.she is in Block D,next to her children William & Charles.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions