Search for content in message boards

allen of nottingham

allen of nottingham

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: allen/osling
is there anyone out there who can help me with info on Averil. J. Allen born 1923 in Nottingham,England, U.K...she was born to a woman with the surname "Osling" (my surname)...would like to know more of averill and her mother as these people are my ancesters...many thanks to anyone who can help...regards...Gillian Osling (of Cardiff)

Re: allen of nottingham

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 11:37AM GMT
Hi, not sure if this helps, but I did a search with the freebmd.
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
There was a birth for an Averil J Allen mothers name Osling, Nottingham, but the birth year is later, its 1939, so 16 years later than yours, if your not 100% sure of the date, then it might be her.
You could get the cert from the general registers office, this would give both parents full names, addresses, his occupation.
Regards Bernice

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: osling/allen
thankyou bernice...yes this is the right person...i'll let you know if i have problems following the link you sent me

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 2:55PM GMT
Hi, what you need to order a cert is the following, Name, year 1939, month June, district Nottingham, mothers surname, Volume 7b, page 528, order a copy, as its cheaper, contains same information.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Regards Bernice

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:22PM GMT
hi again bernice...that link was very helpful..i am very new to this still but have managed to make quite a bit of head way...i was able to view the birth entries but it only gave the mother's maiden name of osling, it didn't give her christian name and i couldn't find marriage details...the mother of averil i believe to be 1 of my great aunts, a daughter of my g-g-grandparents...i am also looking for the christian names of the mothers of the following with the maiden names of osling and possible marriage details...the following are:-

Ann. D. Bowes born 1946 in cardiff - daughter of (mother's name ? osling)

Malcolm. P. Comrie born 1934 in cardiff - son of (mother's name ? osling)

Gordon Comrie born 1944 in cardiff - son of (mother's name ? osling)

Muriel Linnard born in cardiff 1918 - daughter of (mother's name ? osling)

Colin. M. Linnard born in cardiff 1926 - son of (mother's name ? osling)

I am also looking for information on Emma. M. Osling born in shoreditch, england 1892 (who were her parents?)

I am also looking for information on William Osling (married to eanette), he were aged 48 in 1911, they had children named arthur, alfred and edward and they lived at 8 cester street...William Osling (head of this family was a cabinet maker)...I need to know who William's parents were etc.

If you are a researcher bernice, is there anyway you can help me on the above?

p.s...most importantly, i would dearly love information on the man that started my family of "Osling's" here in wales...his name was ernst/ernest osling said to have been born 1864 in lewesburg u.s.a (allthough i was told by my grand parents that he was latvian)...i know he arrived in wales around the late 1880's, he married my g-g-grand mother 1889 in cardiff...i would dearly love to obtain any relevant information on ernst/ernest (my g-g-grand father) specifically his background such as his parents, siblings and his links with latvia/u.s.a

I would appreciate any information you could help with or obtain for me as i have hit a brick wall going back further than Ernst/Ernest (charly) Osling arrivimg in wales as a merchant seaman.

Best regards...Gillian Osling

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 4:10PM GMT
Hi, the free bmd is only an index as such, to get Averil's mothers christian name you need to get the birth cert from general registers office, using the information year volume page etc you get from freebmd.
I will have a look into the other people you mentioned, see if I can find anything.
regards Bernice

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 4:56PM GMT
once again thankyou...that would be fantastic if you could and so much appreciated....regards...Gillian

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 11:56PM GMT
Hi, you can work out from the free bmd, the names of the mothers you asked about, I just put Osling in surname box filled nothing else in, then just clicked the marriage choice, as there are so few Oslings.
So, The Osling that married Trev Bowes 1932 was Ann.
The Osling that married Linnard in 1916 was Jessie.
The Osling that married Comrie 1932 was Olwyn.

Can you tell me the christian name of the wife of the first Ernest Osling, as back then on the freebmd record they just give you all the names of the people that got married in that district/date/year, so there was 2 couples married the same time, and I don't know who married who, though there is a Jessie, wonder if its her.
Regards Bernice

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 12:51AM GMT
Ok, I looked on familysearch, found their index for the marriage of Charley Ernest Osoling to Jessie Williams 1889.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0sck/

Also the 1911 census, in Glamorganshire,
Ernest Osling born Leavesbury USA age 45.
Jessie born Cowbrige Glamorganshire,
Jessie born Cardiff age 19,
Ernest born Cardiff 18,
Edwin born Cardiff age 16,
Elsie born Cardiff age 11,
Annie born Cardiff age 4,

Their also in the 1901 census.
Also found Edwin's birth 1895 on familysearch,
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0scj/

Next thing I will see if I can find Charly Ernest Osling/Osoling in the USA.
Regards Bernice

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 2:31PM GMT
Hi, have you come across this guy before, Carl Prixe Osoling who was born 1871, living Glamorganshire?

Marriage of Carl Prixe Osoling to Emily E Haime 1919.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0scp/

He must be a relative, surely there can't be many by that surname in Wales.
Regards Bernice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic