Search for content in message boards

Searching for Louise Rebecca Parker

Searching for Louise Rebecca Parker

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker, Rowe
I'm trying to locate a Louise Rebecca Parker of Prince Georges County Maryland. I know that she was born in 1917 to James Irving Parker and Lillian Josephine Parker. Their family used to be groundskeeper at the Prince Georges race track. Louise married my great grandfather, James Melvin Marsellas, and had three children. In approx. 1944, she left and returned home to her parents. She wrote a letter to my great grandfather with an update saying that she had another child name *Benard Rowe (name may not be right). I'm trying to find her actual birth date, and information on who she married and the children she had after 1944. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The first picture attached is (from left to right), Louise Parker, James Melvin Marsellas and thought to be Louise's sister Mary Ann Parker.
Second picture is Louise Parker with her third child to James Marsellas in 1944, right before she left.
The last picture is a copy of a picture sent to my great grandfather from Louise with her child, possible Benard Rowe.
Attachments:

Re: Searching for Louise Rebecca Parker

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Found more info tonight:

Found 1910 Census for Parker family. Name was misspelled. see: http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

By 1910, Lillian had 4 children, but the 1910 census lists that she had 5 living children out of a total of 8 pregnancies. However it only listed 4. They are Raymond (ab1899), Mary Ann (Annie/Anna, 1900-1991), Daisy (about 1902), Thomas E (ab 1904), and William (ab 1908). After 1910, there was Elizabeth (ab 1911), Lewis (1912), Knighton (1915-1982), Louise (1917), Gilbert (1919-1978), and Walbert (1922-2006).

Daisy and Mary Ann were relatively close, compared with other siblings. According to my dad, Daisy married a man, first name Preston-doesn't remember last name. Thought I found them in Florida but not sure. Will keep working.

Can definitely confirm now that "Mae Parker" is not Mary Ann Parker. My father, (Mary Ann's grandson) confirmed it. There is about 16 years difference between Mary Ann and Louise and there doesn't appear to be that much age difference between these women.

Found out who Mae Parker is, I think: Lewis Parker (b. 1912), Louise's older brother, married Esta Mae Parker (b. 1916). They were basically the same age- might have been friends? See Esta Mae Parker's profile on my family tree.

Her gravesite (buried with Lewis in 1980):
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=45...

As of 1940, they had two children, Lois Diane Parker b about 1936, and Lewis Edward JR. b about 1938.
See 1940 census, but search under Louis B Parker. Census takers got the name wrong...again.

Will keep working on this.
Nice to speak with you today!
Take care!

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 4:45AM GMT
Did not find the info you are seeking on Louise R. Parker but in looking for the info I did come across some info on the Parkers, most of which you have.

1920 census Prince Georges County MD
self Ervin J Parker
M 41y Maryland
wife Lillian J Parker F 40y Maryland
dau Elizabeth Parker
F 9y Maryland
son Thomas E Parker
M 16y Maryland
son Lewis E Parker
M 7y Maryland
son Mathew W Parker
M 5y Maryland
dau Louise R Parker
F 2y Maryland
son Gilbert F Parker
M 2m Maryland

1930 Census Queen Anne, Prince Georges s County MD
head James I Parker
M 51 Maryland
wife Lilian J Parker F 50 Maryland
son Lewis E Parker
M 17 Maryland
son Knigton M Parker
M 15 Maryland
daughter Louise R Parker
F 13 Maryland
son Gilbert F Parker
M 10 Maryland
son Walbert A Parker
M 8 Maryland

1940 Census MD
Household Gender Age Birthplace
head Irving Parker
M 61 Maryland
wife Lillian J Parker
F 60 Maryland
son Walbert Parker M 18 Maryland
son Thomas I Parker
M 37 Maryland
son Gilbert Parker
M 19 Maryland

1940 census Washington DC
head Knighton M Parker M 25 Maryland
wife Florence Parker F 25 District Of Columbia
daughter Patricia Anne Parker F 2 District Of Columbia
son Gerald A Parker M 1 District Of Columbia

Gilbert F Parker, "United States, World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946"
name: Gilbert F Parker event date: 16 Dec 1941
term of enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
event place: Washington, District Of Columbia, United States
birth year: 1919 birthplace: MARYLAND education: 4 years of high school
civilian occupation: Plumbers, gas fitters, and steam fitters
marital status: Single, without dependents rank: Private army branch: Air Corps
source: Civil Life serial number: 13043525
nara publication title: Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938-1946
arc identifier: 1263923 card, box and reel number: 01181.118

Wounded Pfc. Knighton M. Parker, USMC, 30 husband of Mrs. Mae F. Parker 326 Ridge Rd se. Wounded on Saipan Parker, wounded September 25 on Peleliu, before entering the service in July 1942 was a truck driver for Sears Roebuck & Co. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. James Irving Parker live in Upper Marlboro. Two brothers are in service, Staff Serg Gilbert in this country and Prv. Walbert Parker overseas. The Washington Post (1923-1954) [Washington, D.C] 27 Jan 1945: 1.

PARKER, JOSEPHINE LILLIAN ON Tuesday, November2, 1965 of Upper Marlboro Md beloved wife of James Irving Parker ofUpper Marlboro Md beloved wife of James Irving Parker, mother o f Annie Chaney, Daisy Garner, Elizabeth McKinley, Lewis Edward, Knighton, Gilbert and Walbert Parker, sister of Lewis Garner. She is also survived by 37 grandchildren. Ritchie Bros Funeral Home. St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Mt Carmel Cemetery Washington Post 04 Nov 1965: D6.

Knighton Parker United States Social Security Death Index birth 14 January 1915 death April 1982 Maryland

PARKER, JAMES IRVING On Thursday October 15, 1970, James Irving Parker of Upper Marlboro,
husb and of the late Lillian Parker, father of Mary Ann Chaney, Daisy Garner, Elizabeth McKinley
, Lewis, Knighton, Gilbert and Walbert Parker. Ritchie Funeral Home. St. Mary’s Catholic Church Interment Mt. Carmel Center Washington Post 18 Oct 1970: pg D 15

GARNER, DAISY V. (nee PARKER) on July 5, 1995,DAISY V. GARNER, beloved mother of Walter, Wallace, David and the late William Garner; sister of Walbert Parker and Brook. 12 grandchildren, 12 gg,1 ggg. Villa Rosa Nursing home, Cedar hill Cemetery. 07 July 1995: B4
Walbert Andrew Parker United States Social Security Death Index birth 1 March 1922 death 7 March 2006 Hemet, Riverside, California

PARKER ESTA MAE On Monday Oct 27, 1890 of Brandywine Md beloved wife of the late Lewis Edward Parker Sr; mother of Lewis Edward Parker Jr and John Lester Parker…one brother, 9 grandchildren, 1 gg. Holy Rosary Catholic Church Rosaryville, Md Resurrection Cemetery Clinton MD 29 Oct 1980: C8.

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 4:12PM GMT
Thank you both for the research. Any little bit of information helps.

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 9:41AM GMT
I believe the 3 people in this photo are: (from l to r) Raymond Parker; Lillian (Garner) Parker and James Irving Parker (standing). This was Lillian's 76th birthday celebration.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions