Search for content in message boards

Plez, Czech.

Plez, Czech.

Nila (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2006 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kies & Schroepfer
I believe Plez is the spelling of a village that was listed as Ploess, Austria about 1892. I am looking for 2 families from the area, Kies and Schroepfer. Does anyone have information about this village?

Re: Plez, Czech.

Tony (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2006 9:03PM GMT
Hi Nila, Ploess was the big village by German border in Domazlice area southwest Bohemia. In Czech now Ples. It was destroyed after 1950. I was born there. Family Schroepfer lived in the house number 18. There lived also family Krisch in Ploess (not Kies). The parish registers of Ploess are in archiev in Plzen. For more information contact me in my e.mail.
All the best. Tony.

Nila (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2006 9:34PM GMT
Thank you for your response. This is very helpful.

My great grandmother name was Anna Schroepfer. She married Wolfgang Kies. They came to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA 1892.

Anna had a sister who was Katie Schroepfer. On some papers for Katie the father's name was Paul.

Do any of these names fit into that area? How large a city was Plez? Are there any remains of the city such as Cemeteries or churches?

Nila Hahn
Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Nila (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2006 4:28PM GMT
I have three other names from the Ploess area. John Zieg and his wife Katherina. Their daughter was Theresa Zieg.
Theresa was born September 17, 1880 in Ploess. She came to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA about 1905. Any help is appreciated.

Nila

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 8:42PM GMT
Nila - Theresa Zieg (Zeug) was my grandmother Rose's sister. She married Peter Hanamann in Milwaukee on 12 April 1910 and later moved to Weyauwega. Katie Schroepfer Merz was Rose's cousin. Rose married Matthew Ned Knippel in Milwaukee in 1895. I have some information about the Zeug family from the archives dating back to the late 1700's.

Judi

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 2:18PM GMT
It was nice to hear from you. I was lucky to have made the connection on some of the information you gave me. I would be interested to hear anything else you may have. Please email me at nila@burton-anderson.com

Nila

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Zeug, Knippel
Judi,

It has been a few years since the original thread, but if you see this, I would be interested in anything on Rose & Matthew. They would be my great grandparents, my grandmother was Hildegard Knippel.

Regards,
Brian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions