Search for content in message boards

Allender Family in Tasmania

Allender Family in Tasmania

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2006 6:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allender, Asquith,Donelan,Early,
Hi All

I am researching my 3*great grandfather Uriah/Urias Allender family history.

The information i have is as follows any other information anyone maybe able to supply on his any of his decendants would be gratefully apprecitative.

Uriah Allender was born in Kent England in 1765, he came to Australia as a convict in 1804 on board the Calcutta, he arrived in Sorrento Victoria Australia in January 1804. And later moved to Tasmania where i believe he was granted land. He died in 1842 in Tasmania and is buried at Rokeby TAS.

He married Elizabeth Early in Hobart TAS,in 1816. They had 10 children. Sarah Louise b.1816, James b.1818, Henry b.1822(my 2*great grandfather. George b.1824, Edward b.1826, William b.1830, Catherine b.1832, Harriett b.1834, Uriah b.1836, Sarah Jane b.1837.

My great grandmother Cecilia Allender married my great grandfather Richard Donelan in Albury,NSW in 1877.

Anyone who has anymore information that may be able to assist i would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your assistance.
Lisa

Re: Allender Family in Tasmania

Posted: 9 Jan 2007 5:16AM GMT
Surnames: ALLENDER
Dear Lisa:

I am a descendant Urias Allender and Elizabeth. Happy to discuss by email - although I am on holiday at present returning home on 12th January, 2007.

Best wishes

John

Posted: 9 Jan 2007 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Allender,Earley,Early
Hi John

Lovley to make contact with a new cousin. Uriah and Elizabeth Allender were my 3rd Great Grandparents. I have been researching the Allender for the last year and sometimes it is great then other times it can be rather frustrating.

I live in Sydney NSW where do you live. Please feel free to email at Lisam_2088@yahoo.com if you want to swap notes.

Look foward to hearing from you in the near future.

Best Wishes
Lisa

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Allender/Earley/Early/Herley
Hi John

Just a quick not i visited the Mitchell Libary in Sydney the other day, and found some information on Urias Allender i am happy to photocopy the pages for you and send them to you if you are interested.

Best Wishes
Lisa

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 7:29AM GMT
Surnames: Allender, McConahay
Hi I am looking for the parents of a Margie Jane Allender McConahay. She was born in October 1816 in Warren County Iowa. She was myn great grandmother and was married to Francis Elias McConahay. I would love to get any information about her. Thank you, Sandy

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Allender Walker Parker
Hi Lisa,

I see in your Allender family tree that you have:
xi. George ALLENDER was born 10 AUG 1853 in Clarence,Tasmania, Australia, and died 1935 in Port Melbourne. He married Mary Ann CLARKE 1881. She was born in Unknown, Australia. He married Eliza WALKER 1877 in Victoria, daughter of Edward WALKER and Emily Eliza PARKER. She was born 1858 in Wagga Wagga,NSW, Australia, and died 1880 in Port Melbourne.

I am descended from Edward Walker and Eliza Parker. If you would to correspond regarding this line, please drop me a line via tctw858@optusnet.com.au.

Regards,

Trevor

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 7:30AM GMT
Hi, I am also descended from Urias Allender and have quite a lot of information from a book titled Calcutta by Marjorie Tipping. It details his time on the Calcutta and Tasmania. I have visited the Sorrento Historical Society where there is a miniature replica of the boat he help row from Sorrento to Bateman's Bay, en route to Sydney. I'd like to learn more ...

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 7:52AM GMT
Hi

Thankyou for the reply. Uriah is my 3rd Great Grandfather. I have a picture of his grave in Tasmania. I also have extracts from the same book you mentioned. I think it was called Exiled Three Times Over. I will have to check. I would love to know your connection to the family. My email address is Lisam_2088@yahoo.com I can send you a descendant report of the Allenders. My tree is online and available to view publicly. I am happy to share information with you.

Kind Regards
Lisa Edwards
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions