Search for content in message boards

Marlboro, Mass Brigham's

Marlboro, Mass Brigham's

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 12:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2003 12:46AM GMT
I am looking for any information on the David & Lucy Brigham family. The family lived in Worcester & Marlboro Mass. in the middle to late 1700's. The children's names are: Martha, Arathusa, Hannah, Lucy, Elmer, Otis, David and Holloway. I have been researching the Whitney family and have hit a "brick wall" trying to find any information on Ephraim Whitney. Some of his children's names were: Otis Crocker, Hannah Crocker, Martha and Arathusa Brigham Whitney. Four of his children's first names are the same as David's chidlren. The first two children had their mother's maiden name as their middle name. I am going under the assumption that Arathusa's middle name (Brigham) might be on Ephraim's side of the family. So I am looking for a Whitney/Brigham connection. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.

Re: Marlboro, Mass Brigham's

Posted: 25 Apr 2003 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2005 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Luce, Chase, Foster
Debra, this is Roy Foster. This is very ironic. I have a Polly Brigham who married Moses Luce who is a great great grandfather of my mother's mother. Her mother's name is Elma Luce. Polly Brigham was born in Marlboro, Mass. I believe it is the same family.

Posted: 2 Nov 2007 3:59PM GMT
You might want to check the names. I also am related to a Polly Brigham of Marlboro, MA, only she married Benjamin Carroll of Hopkinton, who promptly relocated to Vermont. I have fairly good documentary evidence.

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Brigahm
David Brigham (1762-1851), son of Capt. Jonas & Persis (Baker) Brigham, married on 21 Feb 1787 to Lucy Harrgton (1765-1846). They had 9 children: Otis, lmer, Arethusa, David, Hannah, elmer, Holloway Lucy and Martha. David is the 108 offspring (5th Generation) of Thomas Brigham the Emigrant (1603-1653). (Frt he History of the Brigam Family, pub. 1907. If you need more information, I have the complete lineage of the family...I am in the 12th generation.

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Brigham Luce
Roy's Polly Brigham was born 10 Jan 1815 in Pomfret, Chautauqua County, NY, died 25 Sep 1881 in Arkwright, Chautauqua County, NY, she married Moses Luce 11 Feb 1835.

Polly's father John Brigham Jr (7 Oct 1780 - 7 Jan 1851) was bortn in Marlboro, MA.

Polly and Moses are buried in the Burnham Hollow Cemetery in Arkwright.

My great-great grandfather was Orlando Brigham (5 Feb 1813 - 3 Apr 1885) and Polly was his sister.

Ken McClenahan
Lone Tree, CO
per page

Find a board about a specific topic