Search for content in message boards

Fields of OK

Fields of OK

Joanna Holliday (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1999 7:08AM GMT
I am looking for info on my great grandmother, Charlotte Fields, b. 1 Nov 1878, d. 24 Apr 1972. I know she was at least half blood Cherokee. Charlotte married George Payton and had several children; Ruby, Bessie, Elizabeth, Joe, Floyd and Minnie Mae (my grandmother, born in Narcissa, OK); there may also have been another son, Lee. Charlotte and George owned a farm in Afton, OK and George was an OK lawman (sheriff). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Linda Benner (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 1999 12:07AM GMT
My Great Grandmothers name was Bessie Fields.
She married a man named John Lee spelling of last name unsure (Meahers or Mears). They had 5 children. Hattie, Goldie, Nelson, Vera and Ruth. We have very little information. Hattie married Ernest Hogan, Goldie married Budge Hunt. Hattie was my grandmother, she was Cherokee herself.

Bessie Fields

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 7:38AM GMT
Was your family from OK? The Bessie I mentioned had the last name Payton. She was my Great Aunt. If your family lived in Delaware County, Okla, there's a possibility there's a connection somewhere.

minnie mae fields

d.holland (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 1999 8:19PM GMT
is this same minnie mae that died in lawton oklahaoma and was married to m fields. both deceased in 90's born in late 1800's

Minnie Mae Fields

Posted: 15 Dec 1999 8:24PM GMT
No. The Minnie Mae I've referred to is still living and has a different last name. Sorry.

MINNIE MAE FIELDS

HORTENSE CALLOWAY (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1999 6:34PM GMT
THIS MAYBE A LONG SHOT, BUT I HAD AN AUNT BY THE NAME OF MINNIE MAY CALLOWAY, HER MOTHER'S NAME WAS SARAH FIELDS. SARAH'S FATHER WAS FRANKLIN FIELDS AND HER MOTHER WAS SARAH FIELDS. THEY WERE FROM REMINGTON VA. AND LIVED IN WASHINGTON D.C. AND ALEXANDRAI AREA. SARAH RECENTLY DIED ON DEC 8, 1999 AT AGE 97. MINNIE MAY DIED VERY YOUNG SOME TIME IN THE MID TO LATE 60'S.

Minnie Mae Fields

Posted: 22 Dec 1999 8:16AM GMT
The Minnie Mae I have referred to is a Payton. Her mother's name was Charlotte Fields AND she is still living, so it doesn't look like our Minnie Mae's are the same person. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Minnie Fields

Ginny (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 6:45PM GMT
My grandfather, James Edward Wilson was married to Minnie Fields prior to my grandmother. She was born in 1882, and died in February 1917 of the flu, according to family history. She is buried in Gann Cemetery about 10 miles north east of Lufkin Texas, in a small community named Central. Hope this helps. I know very little about her except she is buried with my grandparents. ginny ginray@txu.com

Re: Reply

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 6:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a Ruth Mears. I was told she had a farm in Georgia. She is connected to the Buckleys. My father (BOB BUCKLEY) says his father (JAMES JOSEPH BUCKLEY)'s mother (MAGGIE A. BUCKLEY)'s mother was Ruth Mears and she raised my father as a child in Georgia, I am guessing around Richmond. So.. he was raised by his great grandmother if I follow it correctly and my father is currently 73. My husband and I were talking and it may be possible that "Grandma Mears" wasn't really related to him at all. He knows nothing about his family tree. I found out where his parents and siblings were born. So, you see, I need help badly!

Re: MINNIE MAE FIELDS

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Calloway and Fields
Grandma Calloway's Father's name is William F. Fields and Her Mothers Name was Sarah Tackett sometimes people called her Sallie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic