Search for content in message boards

Harmer Family Association

Harmer Family Association

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harmer, Hazel, Daniels
Does this organization still exist, and if if does, besides
being a Harmer descendant, are there any other criteria?
My second great grandmother was Harriet Mary Ann Harmer, b. 1859 in Witton, married Richard Hazel, b.1859 in Barton Turf. Harriet was the daughter of Richard Harmer, b. abt 1814 and Amelia Daniels. I so much wanted to join the organization, but no one ever responds to me. The first time I applied, after a month I thought maybe they didn't get my application, so I tried again. No response. After the third time I figured maybe there is no longer an organizsation or I am not qualified to be a member. But, I do wish that someone would have responded even to tell me I
couldn't join.

Re: Harmer Family Association

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 10:45AM GMT
The Harmer Family Association is alive and well in Canada and we don't seem to have any problems. Were are you from? You can contact me a rahwdm@shaw.ca directly and I'll help.

Or you can contact the following:

Mrs. Gillian Price
37 Lache Park Avenue
Chester CH4 8HS
England
phone: 01244 674897
Email: gill.price@virgin.net

Keath Cowell
3884 Douglas Mt. Drive
Golden, CO 80403 USA
phone: 303-279-0895
Email: COMMWELL@aol.com

John Sayers
2157 Fillmore Crescent
Gloucester, Ontario K1J 6A1 Canada
phone: 613-747-5547
Email: sayersji@sympatico.ca

Mrs. Cora Num
17 Pendred Street
Pearce, ACT 2607 Australia
phone: 02 62865887
Email: dnum@pcug.org.au

Hope this gets you in contact with someone from the HFA

Ron Harmer
Canada

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 12:59PM GMT
I am from the United States. I thank you so much for the information you provided. I am going to try again today to contact someone.

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Harmer, Odiorne, Seybold,
The U.S. Secretary is now Mrs. Pat Hall at peachall@msn.com or 17984 179th Ct. W., Faribault, MN 55021. We are also alive and well.

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 2:13PM GMT
Thanks. I just sent off an e-mail. It would mean a lot to me, much more than just the genealogy part of it, but I feel it is a way of honoring my ancestors.

Posted: 6 Feb 2007 11:26PM GMT
I want to thank everyone for their kind assistance. I have heard from Pat Hall and am very happy to become a member of the association. Everyone helped so quickly. That means a lot.

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 3:34AM GMT
Hello Mary,
My name is Richard Harmer and I had belonged to the Harmer Association at one time. I have seemed to lost contact with them and have not seen much new from them. I live in New Jersey and have quite a few "Harmer" relations in the area and within E-Mail notice. We also have a fairly large Harmer Tree with strong ties to a David Harmer of Revoluntary times. Before that we have a strong idea of where we came from but lack the written proof.
I would like to here some more about your family line, if you don't mind.

Posted: 22 Feb 2007 3:46AM GMT
My Harmer ancestry stems from Norfolk, England. The earliest record I have of them which I received from the Harmer Family Association is that of John Harmer b. unknown in the 1700's who married Elizabeth Wenn. They had 3 chldren: William b. 15 Feb 1778, Elizabeth b. 23 Dec 1779, and James b. Nov 1781. My Richard Harmer was William's son. He was born 20 Feb 1814 in Witton, Norfolk, England.

My second great grandmother was Harriet Mary Ann Harmer, b. Dec 1858 in Witton. She married Richard Hazel 2 Nov 1879. He died in 1881. At this time, she married a John Staff and in 1890 they came to the US, settling in Rockaway, Morris, New Jersey. John died in 1911 and is buried at Locust Hill Cemetary in Dover, New Jersey. We have been unable to trace Harriet after that.

The only other Harmers in my line who I know of that settled in the US settled in Medina, Orleans, New York.

Posted: 6 Dec 2007 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Harmer, Olivier
my brother is named richard, and my uncle, his father my grandfather is Raymond W Harmer, as my father, his mothers name my grandmother is Emma Olivier we are all from New Jersey aswell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions