Search for content in message boards

Stonebrakers in America

Stonebrakers in America

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Stonebraker
Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to get a copy of this publication (Stonebrakers in America by C.Eater) or if any of it is posted on the web somewhere? I am a Stonebraker decendant and would really like a copy for DAR membership purposes. Thanks for your time!
Julia

Re: Stonebrakers in America

Posted: 6 Jan 2003 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 2:47AM GMT
Ken:
Thanks for your quick response to my request! I appreciate the information greatly.
And in response to your request my lineage is as follows:
1. Hans Adam Steinbrecher
2. Valentine Stonebraker
3. Valentine Stonebraker
4. Julia Ann Stonebraker Cowfer
5. Martha Ann Cowfer Wilkinson
6. Rosella Wilkinson Martin
7. Living grandmother
8. Living mother
9. Living me. :)) (on most days)

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Cowfer/Wilkinson
Hope you are still on line. I just ran across your posting and judging from yourname listing we have a connection of some degree. Martha Ann Cowfer married my gr grandfather, John H. Wilkinson. Would appreciate hearing from you. Please use the e-mail address for your response. (rwilkie33@aol.com). My memory is not good enough to keep track of where I responded and to whom. Wishing you and yours a Mery Christmas./wilkie

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: stonebraker
please help i have been looking for the book called stonebraker in america.

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 9:48AM GMT
the email address for Charles Morgan has bounces as unknown user a couple years ago "/

if you will send me your email address, I will send you the snail mail address that I have for him ... I don't recall getting a reply from him the last time [2+ years ago] when I inquired about the availability of the book ... but some have gotten responses, by way of his wife :)

Some LDS Family History Center's have copies to view, along with a few of the larger public & university libraries that have extensive genealogical sections :)

If you give us a hint of which line of Stonebraker's your interested in we can tell you if your line is in there or not :)

Note if you are a descendant of Sebastian ... you won't find much if anything on his descendants [other than a listing of his 12 children] in this book "/ the authors thought that Mary Brady did a wonderful job in her book and didn't want to duplicate her efforts ... in hind sight Mary's book was a very limited printing and she has since died :(

But we are in luck :) many of the LDS Family History Center's have copies of her book on micro fiche that you can view at their facilities :)

Mary's book was titled " Ruchti, Deppen, Yeakley, STONEBRAKER, Fruits, Newkirk, and Ward genealogy and family history " 190 pg's pub. 1982 by: Mary Ann Ward Brady.

"the Stonebraker's in America" is 291 pg's pub. 1992 by Dr. & Mrs. Charles Eater and Chales W. Morgan.

hope this was helpful :)

Kenny Hedgpeth -

List Admin of the Stonebraker RootsWeb mailing List

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Stonebraker
A "Google Books" search shows the following libraries have copies:
Ohio Hist Society in Columbus
Davenport Public Library in Davenport, IA
State Library of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg
Burlington Public Library in Burlington IA
Kansas State Hist Society in Topeka

Posted: 26 Nov 2007 6:26AM GMT
my email is mammainvegas@yahoo.com my ancestry goes as follows: me, ronald, robert, alma, joesph, john and then sebastian.....

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 2:19AM GMT
I found the book you are looking for go to Family History Library Catalog [Mormon]. They have the book in their Salt Lake Library. 929.273 St72. Not on film. Site: www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library

We are searching for the ancestors of John George Stonebraker, b. 1843 in PA, lived in OH and IN. His last wife was Rosaline Gilmore they m. 1875. My husband descends from their daughter, Ethie E. Stonebraker b. 1885 in DeKalb co., IN m. Arthur Leroy wimer in 1903. We would like to correspond. betsybutler2cox.net

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 2:22AM GMT
I made an error when I typed my email address it is: betsybutler@cox.net. I look forward to hearing from any one who can help with our Stonebraker family.

Posted: 24 Jun 2010 1:04AM GMT
I am looking for information on John Stonebraker who married Rebecca Beamer. John is the son of Valentine and Susan Thompson Stonebraker. John died in Jefferson Co Pa before the 30 March 1890. Did John have a second wife named Alice. He had Elizabeth, Valenitne, Wesley and Veneldia. Any information on this family is greatly appreicated. You can contact me at ashmun@wpa.net
Thank you, Rosalind Ashmun
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions