Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in Waleska, Ga. & Old Concord Cemetery

Cemeteries in Waleska, Ga. & Old Concord Cemetery

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2004 2:54AM GMT
I'm trying to locate a cemetery by the name of Lost Town Cemetery in Waleska, Ga. I think I might have Puckett family there. And I'm also trying to locat Old Concord Cemetery in Henry County, Ga. If you can help please let me know.
Thank You,
Virginia

Re: Cemeteries in Waleska, Ga. & Old Concord Cemetery

Thomas McConnell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2004 6:31PM GMT
Old Concord Cemetery in Henry County, Georgia is located near Stockbridge, GA. Take Old Atlanta Road from Henry Blvd. and go north. On the left after a few miles, you will see Stagecoach Road. Take a left there and in about 3/4 mile you will come to an intersection (don't know that street name). The cemetery is directly across the road from you and is about 1 or 2 acres in size with many very old graves.

To my knowledge, the cemetery has not been surveyed and put on the web.

Tom

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 3:42PM GMT
I have the cemeteries book for Cherokee County. The Lost Town cemetery is in the book. Please e-mail me and I will give you the names of the individuals there (there are several Pucketts) and directions. My sister and mother live in Waleska so I am familiar with the area.

Tracey
TBean95@bellsouth.net

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 5:21PM GMT
I am looking for my GGgandfather's grave. From one of his siblings family bible, I understand he was buried in the
Concord Cemetary near Silver City, Ga. His name is Barryman Copeland. I don't have his date of death, but it was in the 1860's maybe before 1869. I would be so appreciative of any information you can provide. Nancy Copeland Jones BJones5214@aol.com Many thanks for your efforts in advance. I think he was born in 1815.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 11:36AM GMT
Concord Cemetery is located in Forsyth Co. near Silver City. According to Cemeteries of Forsyth Co., there is no Copeland buried there (or anywhere else in Forsyth Co.). Of course, he could be in an unmarked grave.

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 11:38PM GMT
I am trying to find the graves of my gr-grandparents William Thomas and Lucinda Willis. They died between 1897-1900 in Cherokee County. Records show they were living in the Harbins district. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2012 9:58PM GMT
Virginia,

Just came across this post and it has been surveyed

http://files.usgwarchives.net/ga/henry/cemeteries/cemetery4/...

Hope this helps

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 5:34AM GMT
It is in Lake arrow head gated comunity. It is fenced off. no entry. It is in some woodes behind some houses off of golf cours

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 2:10AM GMT
Does anyone know how many graves are in this cemetary? I would like to see if any of the Willis family are buried there

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 5:17PM GMT
I posted som Pics of the head stones . For lost town Cemetery on Find a grave web site.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic