Search for content in message boards

Family that settled in Minnesota

Family that settled in Minnesota

Posted: 26 Dec 1999 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2001 2:41PM GMT
Am researching Smedsrud/Smithrud from Vardal Oppland Norway that settled in Minnesota. Also the Rancour and Potvin surnames.

Rancour's

phyllis rancour (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 9:49PM GMT
I have ralatives that came from canada to
minnesota. Please e-mail me.

RE: Rancour's in Minnesota

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 1:39AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 14 Sep 2003 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Rancour, Pouliot
I am not related to Rancours, but I do want to let you know of an article that I copied along with my own family history information. This article is from a Wright county, Minnesota newspaper dated 1943.

ED RANCOURS MARK GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY
Relatives gathered at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ed Rancour June 13th to honor them and help them celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
Those present were: Mrs. Philmore Pouliot, who is 86 years old, mother of Mrs. Rancour; Mr. and Mrs. Roman Pouliot, Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Pouliot, Mr. and Mrs. Amos Pouliot, Mr. and Mrs. Ephriam Pouliot, all of Loretto; Mrs. Fred Pouliot, Mrs. Dave Dayon, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Schumacher, of Hamel; Mr. and Mrs. Joe Pouliot, of Dayton; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Pouliot, of Buffalo; Rev. Fr. Josheph Kern, of Corcoran; Mr. and Mrs. Thomas RANCOUR and family, of Buffalo; Cpl. Laurence RANCOUR of Florida; Mr. and Mrs. Herman Otten and family, Mr. and Mrs. Fred RANCOUR, Mr. and Mrs. Leo Otten and son, of Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. William Daleiden, Mrs. Fred Hatch and family, Mrs. Nick Daleiden and Eddie, Mr. William Paquette.
Besides the above mentioned guests, the honored couple were pleased to have with them on this grand occasion their five children and 16 grandchildren.

Posted: 6 Feb 2004 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2004 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Rancour Pouliot Otten
Cool! Thanks for posting this. Ed & Salina were my husband's great-grandparents.

He (Brian) knows little of his father's (Herbert) family and this gave some wonderful information.

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: Larsen Erickson Torgersen
I am writing in answer to your question about the Smedsrud name. I too am trying to find out more information on a Karl Anton Larsen Smedsrud that immigrated to US on September 25, 1903. This is the husband of Jorgine Torgersdatr, who immigrated on June 2, 1904.
Jorgine was a sister to my husband's grandfather, but I am not sure whether they ever comunicated after they got here.
The grandfather's name was Thorvald Erickson (Eriksen) he was born in Buskerud, Norway which is close to the Oppland.
I am communicating with a relative in Norway, but we are at loose ends now as we cannot find a ship record or a naturalization record. Any help?
baerickson@lewiston.com

Re: Family that settled in Minnesota

Posted: 10 Jul 2007 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Rancour
Hello My grandfather was born in MInnesote along with his 5 brothers then made there way here to California.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions