Search for content in message boards

gallagher from fermanagh

gallagher from fermanagh

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 10:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2006 8:12PM GMT
could you please tell me how far away from shannon is to ederney fermanagh. we stayed in dingley .we didn't have enough time to go north.could you please tell me where i can find church records thanks, louise cavallaro

Re: gallagher from fermanagh

Ann Gallagher (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2005 12:29PM GMT
Hi again Louise

You could get church records from the local priest Fr Larry Duffy at St Josephs Church in Ederney. I am sure you could get him under St Joseph's Parochial House, Ederney Co. Fermanagh. The Church that your Gallaghers made be buried is Montiagh Church, (Catholic Church) Drumskinney, Kesh.

Regards,

Ann

Posted: 19 Aug 2007 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Gallagher/Brieger/Kille/Frey
I'm looking for family information in Ireland re my gg-grandparents, Dennis and Ann Johnson (or Johnston) Gallagher, who lived in Galvery, Co. Fermanaugh. Dennis came to the US when he was very young, worked in Jacksonville, FL and supposedly returned to Ireland "after he made his fortune" and married Ann. Dennis died ca 1875; Ann was alive in 1899. Their son, Francis W. Gallagher, my g-grandfather, born 15 June 1861 in Galvery, and others in the family came to the United States. Francis (Frank) came to LaPorte, Sullivan Co., PA, working first in the tannery at Thorndale, PA. Later he owned and operated a hotel in LaPorte. He married Tressa Brieger, daughter of Charles and Fransica (Frances) Kille Brieger, 12 May 1885 in LaPorte. He died in 1908 at LaPorte. Tressa was born in 1871 in Sullivan Co., NY and died in Binghamton, Broome Co. ,NY in Feb. 1947. Frank and Tressa's daughter, my grandmother, Emma Katherine Gallagher was born 15 July 1889 in LaPorte, married Clarence Walter Frey in ca1907. They had two sons in LaPorte, Donald b. 1907 and Lawrence, my father, b. 1909. Later Clarence and Emma moved to Endicott, Broome Co. NY, had six additional children.
I would like to know more about Dennis and Ann, and their children, in Ireland. Does anyone recognize the town of Galvery?, know the Parish?
Nancy

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 7:34PM GMT
Hi Ann,
Most of my Gallaghers were from Dromore, but I also have Gallaghers from Blackbog and Seemuldoon. Any possible connections?
Mike

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: gallagher & mcguire
my gallagher's are from retten mountain in fermnagh went to st john nb in 1847
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions