Search for content in message boards

John Albert Castein DOB--October 28, 1901----Mary Frances Rossiter, Marraige

John Albert Castein DOB--October 28, 1901----Mary Frances Rossiter, Marraige

Posted: 20 Nov 2003 3:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CASTEIN, ROSSITER
Great,great,great grandson-- Michael living in Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: John Albert Castein DOB--October 28, 1901----Mary Frances Rossiter, Marraige

A L Castein (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2005 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: Castein
Do you have an address or phone number? A few of my roots are planted in the surrounding region of Truro and Sackville

Re: John Albert Castein DOB--October 28, 1901----Mary Frances Rossiter, Marraige

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2005 2:49AM GMT
You have roots in Nova Scotia?? A??L?? Castein, are you related to the people mentioned in my post?? I am trying to get a little deeper into my family tree...Feel free to E-mail me...Thanks

A L Castein (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2005 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Castein, Rossiter
Do you have an address or phone number? A few of my roots are planted in the surrounding region of Truro and Sackville, as well as Ontario. If you have any history of Rossiter leg, I would appreciate any help you could offer me.
Thank you once again
Arthur

Posted: 3 Jan 2008 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: Castein - Rossiter or Rogers - Gibbs
I wish this had of emailed me at the time of your post..Anyhow, I am likely still no further along at this point on the Castein/Rossiter side than I was at that time. I have renewed interest in 'trying' again as I just got alot of info on my Mom's side which brought me back to the boards again. I am curious if your Dad is John Castein, brother to my grandfather Albert? AAs I have no info on my grandfathers only sibling John, nor any of his kids, etc..The reason I assume your from that side is that we are searching for the same 'next' generation..Thanks
Sorry for such a late response, and I will try to email the address your posting from if I can make out the letters properly..
My email is kzymke@hotmail.com

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 10:01AM GMT
Hi,
I am researching the Rossiter family tree and came across your postings.

I have Johannes Albertus Castein born 1901 in my database but he is married to Olive Frances Rossiter.She was born December 10th 1901 and was registered in the March quarter of 1902 at Hackey Registry Office, London.

They were married in Wandsworth, London in the December Qtr of 1927.

I have two children listed:-

Albert Frank Castein born 1928 in Wandsworth,London
John Castein (birth date unknown but probably after 1928)

If this matches with what you have and you have any information about Olive/Mary's parents I would be grateful if you would contact me please.

Hope this helps.

Have a good day.

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 10:14AM GMT
You are correct that Olive Frances Rossitor is the mother of my grandfather. I had wrote the query out incorrectly originally. Sadly, I too am stuck and cannot find information on either parents of those two..I have been researching the Castein family tree for quite some time now and have been stuck thus far...
How are you related? and feel free to email me directly.

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 2:49PM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am related to the Rossiters but not Olive's line so we're not related. I am just researching the Rossiter family tree generally out of interest.

I have a database of over 20,000 Rossiters and their spouses and was able to identify Olive from what you had posted.

Are you descended from Albert Frank or John?

Do you have any information about Olive that might help e.g.an older brother or sister born pre 1901 or perhaps Olive's marriage or birth certificate which would list her father's name?

As for getting more Castein information have you tried posting here:-
http://genforum.genealogy.com/hollandcountry/

You could also try this site:-
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Type in the surname Castein and see the entries that come up.

I'd appreciate any information you have about Olive and general birth/marriage/death statistical information about her children.

Can't contact you via Ancestry as I am not a member. Do you have a direct e-mail please?

Hope you can help.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 7:57PM GMT
Hi,

You might find this thread and the links off it of interest:-
http://genforum.genealogy.com/hollandcountry/messages/2716.h...

Best wishes

Kevin

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 7:02PM GMT
Hi,

I can help with the Castein and Rossiter connections. Have plenty of info on the Rossiters - parents of Olive Frances and then the Rossiter line back to 1700's.

Please get in touch.

Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions