Search for content in message boards

Tillou/Tilyou/Tillon

Tillou/Tilyou/Tillon

Posted: 7 Sep 2012 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tillou/Tilyou/Tillon
I am putting together my family tree. I have found through my research that the name Tillou has been listed as Tilyou, Tillon and probably another I have yet to discover. My grandfather's father was Charles Palmer Tillou. Charles Palmer Tillou's father was Harvey D. Tillou. Harvey's parents were Carlisle Tillou/Tilyou. Carlisle had 2 wives. His first wife was Fatima DeForrest(DeForest). They had 2 children Luther Miltion and Harvey Donald. Fatima died I believe 4/30/1842. Carlisle remarried Julia Amanda Champion. It is listed that they have 6 children, Amanda, Daniel, Edwin(Edward), George, Lottie and Charlotte.

I am trying to find the parents of Carlisle Tillou/Tilyou. I was hoping that someone might be able to help fill in.

Re: Tillou/Tilyou/Tillon

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.

Facts you should know about the early census records -
All census records [1790 – 1840] prior to the 1850 census ONLY listed the head of household; whether male or female.

NO specific age was stated for any family member
NO place of birth was stated – city, state, or country
NO city, town, or village is stated – only the county; however some census takers listed the township
NO street address was stated
NO marital status was stated – single, married, widowed, or divorced
NO family relationship was stated – brother, sister, cousin, son, daughter, wife, inlaw, etc…
NO occupation was stated
NO parental birthplaces are stated
NO race was stated [but assume “white”]

1850, 1860 & 1870 census records do not show family relationships, marital status or parental birthplaces.

Step children are not enumerated as “step” children
Adopted children are not enumerated as “adopted”
Grand children are not enumerated as “grand children”
Orphaned children were not enumerated as "orphan"

1850 is the 1st census that shows all family members

1880 is parental birthplaces and family relationships +++

TRY - Find a grave – FREE SITE - volunteer site all states; frequently has headstone pic
DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/

Try Vital Records – Birth, Marriage, & Death, Social Security Info. – FREE ALL STATES
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/

NOTE -
Michigan did not require “by law” birth, marriage & death registrations until 1867.

You need to supply DOB's + birthplaces for all family members listed in this message.

You wrote - " It is listed that they have 6 children".
WHERE did you find this info? Census yeat + state + county + 1st and last name are needed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic