Search for content in message boards

SEALS FAMILY

SEALS FAMILY

Posted: 2 Jan 2003 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2003 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Seals, Seal, Seels, Seales
HELP!!!, I have hit the brick wall, I am trying to locate any information about my Grandfather, Ed,Edd, Edward Seals,Seal,Seel, I am told he was born in Tennessee about 1865, he married Arminda Cook from Letcher Co., Ky, and later married Bessie Slush from Bean Town Tn., he lived in Letcher County, Ky until his death in 1942. Any leads would greatly be appreciated.

Re: SEALS FAMILY

DELLA (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: SEALS,SEALE,SEELS,SEAL
HELLO WANDA I'M RESEARCHING TO ED SEALS HE IS MY GREAT UNCLE THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS WHAT MY UNCLE CLAY SEALS HAS TOLD ME, ED HAD BROTHERS - WILL SEALS, JAMES SEALS IS MY GRANDFATHER THEY ALL WERE BORN IN SNEEDVILLE TN. AND JOHN SEALS WAS THEIR FATHER HE WAS SCOTTISH I AM STUCK TO I KNOW ED DIED IN KY IN 1942 THE SOCIAL SECURITY INDEX SAID HE WAS BORN 1867 AND THE KNOTT CO 1900 CENSUS HAS HIM AND HIS FIRST WIFE ARMINDA IN IT WITH SIBLINGS
I HOPE WE FIND SOMETHING SOON
DELLA SEALS.

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2003 8:32PM GMT
Hello,
My grandmother was a Seals from Hancock Co, Tenn. Her father was John C. Seals. John was the son of William Seal 111.
note the "s" was absent in the spellimg of Williams' name.
William Seal b Dec.15,1803,married to Mary Green.
Williams parents were William Barach Seal b.1767 and Elzabeth Hawks.
Ths is all I have. Hope it helps.

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 6:53PM GMT
A copy of Ed's death certificate should give you the name of his father and mother. This information is USUALLY given to the County by a relative and they would know this type of information. To order a copy fo his death certificate you will need the certific ate number. Go to the Kentucky Vital Records site at http://publichealth.state.ky.us/vital.htm
Click on KyGenWeb under Search Kentucky Indexes and this will let you search for his certificate number (Kentucky Death Index 1911-2000)

Go back to the Vital Records page.
Click on Death Certificates in the upper right corner and it will take you to the Ordering a Certificate page and the info you need.

If this is your Ed, he was listed as:
Seals, Ed
Volume: 54
Certificate number: 26656
Death Date: 22 Nov 1940
Death Place: Letcher
Residence: Letcher

Hope this helps.

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 6:57PM GMT
1930 Kentucky Census - Letcher Co., Ky, Millstone, District 25
175-179
Seals, Ed, head, 60, 16 age at 1st marriage, TN TN TN coal miner
Seals Bessie, wife, 40, 16 age at 1st marriage, TN TN TN
Seals, Ezekial, son, 11, Ky, TN TN
Seals, Hazel, daughter, 6, KY TN TN
Price, Lonzo, boarder, 34, married, 20 age at first marriage, NC NC NC coal miner

Hope this helps

DELLA (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2003 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: SEAL, SEALS
HI AND THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE SIBLINGS ARE TO JOHN C. SEALS AND WILLIAM SEAL111 MAYBE THIS WOULD BE THE RIGHT JOHN SEALS, WHAT WAS YOUR GRANDMOTHERS FIRST NAME WE MAY BE CONNECTED
THANKS DELLA

Posted: 28 Jan 2003 8:38PM GMT
Hi, My grandmother's name was Addiline "addie Lou" Seals. She had a brother whose name was Wheeler.

I don't think I have any further info of her siblings. I have a photo of Uncle Wheeler.

DELLA (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2003 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: SEALS
THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION I'M STILL NOT SURE IF WE ARE CONNECTED YET
BUT THANKS DELLA

Posted: 13 Mar 2003 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Seal Moore Winkler
John C. Seal was my great grandfather, Wheeler was my grandfather.....He was first married to Sarah Elizabeth Ramsey, they had 2-boys ..Ester Hylton and Tipton Haynes. Tipton Haynes was my father. My name is Margaret (Margie R.Seal), formerly of Maynardville, Tn. I am trying to find out something about John C's wife who was Francis Moore of Virginia, Halifax Co. i believe.Her mother was Elizabeth and I think her last name was Winkler. I would LOVE to have a picture of grandpa Wheeler.

Etta Venable (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2003 11:24PM GMT
Hello Margie,
Fances Moore, married to John C Seal was my great grandmother. We once had a picturte of her when I was very young but I do not know what ever happened to it. I know nothing more about her.
I do have the picture of Uncle Wheeler and if you send me your email I will have my daughter to scan it and send it to you. if you have a printer you can print it. It is in black and white and a full picture of him. He is standing in what looks like a back yard.
I suppose then, you are my cousin. Nice to meet you.
I was recently in another my Family.com board and there are some wrinklers there. I am not sure of the URL or i would post it.
One of my email address is niteingale@webtv.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic