Search for content in message boards

Eliza Butler & John McDonald

Eliza Butler & John McDonald

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 6:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butler McDonald
Looking for information on Eliza Butler born in County Wicklow Ireland in 1839 she came to USA with her father at age fifteen they settle in Darlington WI. Eliza Married John McDonald in mineral point Wisconsin October 26, 1858. John McDonald was also from County Wicklow Ireland. John
was born June 4, 1831 he came to the USA with relatives at the age of 11 and also settled in Wisconsin.

Any info would be much appreciated!
Beth

Re: Eliza Butler & John McDonald

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Howe, Long, McKillip, McIllhatton
I'm not 100% sure but I would guess that John & Eliza were one of many McDonald families that were centered around Yellowstone northeast of Darlington. There are many of them buried at St. Michaels Catholic cemetery. Among them is a large newer stone engraved John and Eliza McDonald. I have travelled the area cemeteries extensively over the years and photographed many. Attached is a photo of the monument at St. Michaels
Attachments:

Re: Eliza Butler & John McDonald

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: butler mcdonald
Dear ms,mr

I purchased the following item (antique engraved winebottle
see attachement)in Antwerp Belgium? with the names of your ancestors on it.
Can this be a kind of keepsake of them from the period they were married for 3 years and thinking of there adventure, immigrating to the usa?
Maybe you know something about this?
It's always nice to know about the history of an object or maybe it belongs to another john and eliza mcdonald?
My email is vanevelingenraes@hotmail.com
Thanks, Jan van Evelingen
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions