Search for content in message boards

Oliver Jenkins

Oliver Jenkins

Posted: 11 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: JENKINS, MOORE, BUNCH
Searching for any information on or descendants of Oliver Jenkins, b. 1770s, who lived in Henry Co., VA, from the 1790s through 1818, when he sold out and moved to Hawkins Co., TN. Counted in Hawkins in 1830 as white and in 1840 as a free person of color (possibly Melungeon). Presumably died sometime in the 1840s. Brothers Joseph and William may also have moved to Hawkins; members of the Bunch and Moore families also made the move about the same time. Any help greatly appreciated.

Jenkins

Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins
Dear Sir, I descend from Oliver Jenkins, through his son William. According to William's Will, Oliver is buried in the Family Cemetery in Hawkins County, TN. You are the first person in my 20 years of doing genealogy that has expressed an interest in Oliver Jenkins. Will be glad to exchange information. I look forward to hearing from you and what your connection to Oliver is. Thank You, Dick Gault

Re: Jenkins

Posted: 22 May 2008 2:26PM GMT
Realizing your entry is over 7 years old, I am seeking information about the Jenkins family. We are descended from Morgan Jenkins, son of William Jenkins, and possibly Oliver Jenkins. Morgan was born in Hawkins County TN around 1838 and lived in Estill county Tennessee until around 1907. Is he the son of your William and grandson of Oliver? Morgan is identified as Mulatto on the 1850 Federal Census.

Appreciate any information you can give us.

A.C.

Posted: 27 May 2008 10:19PM GMT
Email me at rlgault@hotmail.com

Which of Morgan Jenkins' cildren do you descend from? I descend from Morgan's sister Emaline Mahala Jenkins.
Thank you,
Dick Gault

Posted: 27 May 2008 10:19PM GMT
Email me at rlgault@hotmail.com

Which of Morgan Jenkins' cildren do you descend from? I descend from Morgan's sister Emaline Mahala Jenkins.
Thank you,
Dick Gault

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Farthing, Donahue, Blevins, Babb
Morgan (1838-1918) was the son of William and Judia Fitch Jenkins. Morgan, his 1st wife Nancy Fitch (died 1862 in childbirth with stillborn twins), his 2nd wife Arminda Sweeney, as well as his parents and some siblings are buried in the Jenkins Cemetery in Irvine, KY. (Estill Co) The cemetery is remote and hard to get to, but maintained. Morgan also has an illegitimate line. Oliver was born in the 1770's in VA and is the father of William and Johnson Jenkins. Oliver's mother was Naomi who was first generation possibly from Wales. Please identify your line.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:19AM GMT
My wife is a descendant of Thomas Jenkins (4th great grandfather), another brother of the mentioned folks and son of William Jenkins, grandson of Oliver Jenkins. Does anyone know who Oliver's wife is?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions