Search for content in message boards

NAZARETH HOUSE HOME

NAZARETH HOUSE HOME

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2006 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can any one point me in the right direction for any records from the Nazareth House Home for Aged and Poor, Pembroke Street, Cowley, Oxford.
In the 1881 census I find two people of interest to me - Agnes and Winefred Hart both born in Newbury, Berks, listed as inmates but can't find any record in the 1991 census. Curious as to where they came from and where they went to.
Julie in Aus

Re: NAZARETH HOUSE HOME

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 2:55PM GMT
Hi Julie ...

I presume that you're actually looking for Agnes and Winifred on the 1891 (not 1991!) census.

Have found Agnes quite easily - she's a servant in the household of Ellen H(e)illman, Widow, at 51 Lime Hill Road, Tunbridge, Kent.

Unfortunately, have not found any obvious entry for Winifred. She may, of course, be married. There is also a death on FreeBMD for a Winifred HART in 1886 (aged 13) in Bolton.

Penny

Julie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2006 9:32PM GMT
Whoops. Yes Penny I did mean 1891. Thanks for your info, I'll follow it up.
Julie in Aus

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Hart
Hi Julie

I just wanted to check to see if you had any luck finding records for nazereth house. I am researching Agnes Hart, daughter of George And Jane Hart as she appears in my wifes family tree.

Thanks

Jason

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 12:04AM GMT
Jason. I never did find anything about this place. I later realised that this Agnes was not related so I forgot about it. We have Harts in Berkshire but not a George and Jane.
Julie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic