Search for content in message boards

Dolsen Pioneer Cemetery vandalized

Dolsen Pioneer Cemetery vandalized

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2004 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOLSEN
The Dolsen Cemetery was vandalized on Sept. 2nd overnight damaging most of the old stones. There is an attachment photo to this posting showing the damage. It is a Chatham Daily News photo.
Attachments:

Re: Dolsen Pioneer Cemetery vandalized

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dolsen------Dolson------Dalsen
Isthis the cemetery on the River bank near where Roger Dolson lives? so sorry to see this. i hope they get the persons that did this also do you know anything on Daniel Samual Dolson-Dolsen where he died and when ? i have his birth as 1801 and married three times . we have a samual dolson Who farmed in Zorra TSP. Oxford county Ontario and died aprox.1856 or 1860-? does anyone know where this Daniel Samual dolsen came from need a lot of help on this one,can you send out Feelers on this one,,,,,,,,he had a son Edward who married a Roselana Williams from Oxford county

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dolsen----Dolson
To R neil----- re the Dolson Cemetery thank you for the news and if you do the search on Daniel Samuel Dolsen I thank you and many others......

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2004 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Dolsen
Yes, this was the pioneer cemetery on the River Road in Raleigh township, just a couple of miles outside of Chatham. I am not researching the Dolsen family but it appears that others on this board are so maybe they will assist you.

Jerry Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2006 2:15PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 20 Jun 2006 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Elgie, Hopper, Wilson, Wellington, Pepper, Murray, White
Can anyone tell me where the restoration of this cemetery is now following the vandelization?

Brett Dolsen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2006 9:03AM GMT
Surnames: Dolsen
Jerry, I received photos recently from a very kind cousin in Ontario which showed the Dolsen Cemetery still in ruins with freshly mown grass clippings over the broken headstones which appear to be deteriorating more as a result.
I hope the Ontario Govt will realise the historical importance of this cemetary before it is too late.These people were founders of the area.
Brett Dolsen

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 3:37AM GMT
Chatham-Kent laid the broken stones on the ground in front of the line of stones. On Tuesday 31 July 2012 Bruce W. and team did considerable restoration with epoxy (one stone is missing). There is still some cleaning planned for 'next week' Once that is done, probably John S. will post an account of it on http://ckcemeteries.ca/pmwiki/index.php

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 3:40AM GMT
We believe a number of teh stones from that Dolsen Cemetery actually came from the Dolsen Chapel Cemetery. And ONE of the stones from those cemeteries was installed on the outer front wall of Providence Church in about 1964.

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 3:42AM GMT
Email typo
Should be: edgacres10@yahoo.ca
"Sorry about that"

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 3:42AM GMT
Email typo
Should be: edgacres10@yahoo.ca
"Sorry about that"