Search for content in message boards

Lomba(a)rd Stamboom

Lomba(a)rd Stamboom

Hugo Lombaard (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lombaard, Lombard
Ek alle inligting oor die Lomba(a)rd familie. Alle datums, name, fotos, plekke en staaltjies.

Re: Lomba(a)rd Stamboom

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2011 10:20AM GMT
Surnames: Lombard, Linde, Jordaan, Van Staden
Hi Hugo,

Yours is a very old post, so I hope you are still getting messages.

My mother-in-law's grandmother was Susanna Catharina LOMBARD born (or baptised) 3 Jun 1884 Bloemfontein, youngest daughter of Jacobus Mathinus Lombard and Anna Sofia Linde. Her siblings were: Petronella Francina le Grange 1870, Anna Sofia 1872, Stephen Sebastian 1873, George Fredrich 1875, Marthinus Jacobus 1877, Frederick George 1879, Hester Mary Catherine 1881 and Johanna Margaretha Isabella 1882.

Susanna Catharina married Lodewicus Jordaan and had children Anna Sofia 1903-1982 (m. Bertie Cooper), Christina Magdalena 1904-late 1980s (m. Thom Mcneilage) and Louis abt 1905 (m. Anna). The name of her next husband is unknown, but they had a daughter called Susanna abt 1910 (m. Michael Murphy). Her third husband was a Van Staden and they had children Koos *m. Kate) and Katie. Susanna, her third husband and daughter Katie died during the Spanish flu epidemic somewhere near the Rhodesian border about 1916 and the remaining children were cared for by Lombard relatives in Livingstone.

The parents of Jacobus Lombard are believed to be Stephanus Sebastiaan Lombard and Petronella Francina le Grange. I have found a bit of information on the internet about their family but it conflicts, with some sites listing their children as being born late 1840s to early 1860s in Riversdale, Cape and other sites list the children as being born around 1815 in Swellendam. To me there appears to be 2 different Stephanus Sebastiaan Lombards. One born about 1789 and the other about 1799 and some researchers have mixed the two with some children in one tree and some different children in the other tree and then some children in both trees that I found on the internet.

Any information that you can give to help sort out the children of Stephanus and Petronella with their correct date and place of birth would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any extra information of the children of Jacobus Lombard and Anna Linde.

You mentioned in your post that you have some Lombard photos. If you have any photos of this family, I'm sure my mother-in-law would love to see them. She can also read Affrikans if need be.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Diane
Australia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic