Search for content in message boards

Edward or Edmond Jones

Edward or Edmond Jones

Rose Jones (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Cox, Morgan, Boyd, Bond
Edward or Edmond Jones married Sophia Morgan. Francis Marion Jones married a Cox. Andrew Jackson Jones married Etta Tywater.

Jones Family of Wilson Co., TN

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Bond
Saw your post and there wasa large family of Jones's who came to Wilson and Cannon Counties Tn about 1824 from Bedford County VA. Your message did not list any dates and if you list all the children of your jones clan I may be able to find a connection. My Jones family had names like, Erasmus, Tobert, Aaron, Fuqua, and Harrison.

Grand Parents

Hyla (Jones) Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Cox, Seat, Morgan
My Jones and Cox family came Va. W.C., Mary, Andrew Jackson, Benjamin Franklin,James A. & more. Jones. Then there was William H. & Apsley (Seat) Cox. My g-mother was Celia Cox ,William H. was her father. She married Francis Marion Jones, her sister Mary Maranda Cox married Benjamin Franklin Jones,Francis Marion's brother.
Can you help?Hyla

JONES family

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2004 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: JONES, WILSON
Having read your query response from January on the Wilson Co., TN board, I was wondering if you have any information on the following person:

Mary JONES:
...born about 1834 in TN;
...md Levi M. WILSON in TN about 1850-1854;
...moved to Ohio Co., KY by 1858;

A Mary JONES married a Levi WILSON on 19 September 1852 in Wilson Co., TN. I am trying to determine if this is the same couple. At the birth of four of her children in Ohio Co., KY, her maiden name was listed twice as 'JONES' and twice as 'JAMES'. Any help would be appreciated.

Karen

Jones Family

Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Bond, Satterfield
I beleive I have your Mary Jones in my records. I show that a Mary T. Jones b abt 1833/4 was the daughter of Tolbert Jones (b 1795 VA) and possibly his wife Ann Satterfield. They were married in Wilson Co., TN on 29 Jan 1824. The reason that I'm not sure Ann was the mother is that the 1850 census listsTolbert's wife as a Mary b 1802 VA. Most likely she was a Mary Ann Satterfield. Tolbert Jones was the brother of my ancestor Erasmus Jones Jr. and the son of Erasmus Jones Sr. (b 1762) and his wife Amiah/Amey/Amelia Fuqua. I have tons of info on this family that I'd love to share. Email me a fax # or address.

Jones family

Posted: 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Do you have a Sarah "Sallie" Jones who married John Alligood Woolard (Wilson County, TN) in your family tree?

SEAT Genealogy Wilson Co., TN

Jo Anne Neely Gomez (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SEAT, PHILLIPS, Possibly HEMBREE
Researching my family genealogies and on my HANKINS side (which incidentally are also from Wilson Co.,TN)that married into the PHILLIPS family note that my gr grandfather P.T. HANKINS mother (Lidy PHILLIPS) died either in or soon after childbirth and P.T. was raised by his maternal aunt, Mary Ann (PHILLIPS) and her husband, Reverand Joe SEAT. Also note that many of these same relatives migrated to Missouri and in Stone Co., MO marriage records there is a marriage of an Elizabeth SEAT to a William HEMBREE Mar 17, 1851. Just wondering if any of your SEAT genealogy is linked in any way to mine. Appreciate your time. Thanks much.
Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Cox, Morgan, Cates
On your Erasmus Jones Sr. , he had a daughter named Judith Jones that married a James A. Cox,is this correct? Do you have any info on James A. Cox? If so please e-mail me. I think he had a son named William H. Cox. They were in Wilson and Cannon county , Tenn.
Thanks,
Hyla

Eskew

kristen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eskew
If you are related to Wiley Oscar Eskew please E-mail me and let me know so I can trace my family history. ThanksHe was born 1815 in Wilson TN and died in caldwell Ky

Re: Jones Family

Posted: 22 Jun 2001 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Fuqua, Bond
I am a descendant of Erasmus Jones and Amiah Fuqua. Their son Michael is my great-great-great-great grandfather. He married Margaret Bond, daughter of Mary Mathis, father unknown. I would love information on the ancestors of both Erasmus Jones and Amiah Fuqua. My email address is wldcats34@aol.com and my home address is 4012 Trinity Road, Franklin, and Tennessee 37067. Names are great, but if there are any stories or the like, I would especially enjoy those. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Eli Arnold
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions