Search for content in message boards

Currys from South Carolina, Bahamas and the Keys, FL

Currys from South Carolina, Bahamas and the Keys, FL

Max (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 1999 4:08PM GMT
I have some photostats of pages from I know not what book. It gives a very interesting history of some Currys, starting with a Joseph Curry born in Scotland before 1715, who took his family to South Carolina, near Columbia. I have the pages, and could look up specific names for you.

CURRY FROM SC

Posted: 5 Feb 2000 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:13PM GMT
THE EARLIEST CURRY WE HAVE FOUND WAS A CHARLES CURRY FROM YORK CO SC HE WAS BORN IN 1743 AND DIED IN 1816. DON'T KNOW IF HE WAS BORN IN SC OR NOT NOR WHERE HE CAME FROM OR ANYTHING ABOUT HIS PARENTS, DOES THIS NAME SOUND FAMILAR. HE MARRIED AND STAYED IN SC AND HAD SEVERAL CHILDREN. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPERICAITED. PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECT THANKS

Currys in Key West

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:13PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 9:48PM GMT
I just saw the post from Max on South Carolina, Key West and Bahamas Curry family. My line of Currys came from the Bahamas to Key West and I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is researching this name in this area. I have Martin Curry arriving in Key West at the age of 5 in 1844. Sound familiar to anyone?

Currys in Key West

Max Brown (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:38PM GMT
I took a quick look in the family file that I have and there is no Martin showing, but that seems to be the time frame that the Currys that I have went to the Keys from the Bahamas. Do you have any other names for me to look for?

Currys in Key West

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:48PM GMT
Unfortunately, I don't have any information on Martin's parents or siblings. I will list his children; perhaps he named one of them after a parent or sibling: Martin Alfred, John Frederick, Charles Wilson, Tomas Milton, Hilda, Mary Blanche, Lula Isabelle, George, and Arthur.

Currys from Key West

Max (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 3:24PM GMT
George was one of the names, but that is too common to count. If you give me your email address, I'll send you my Family Tree Maker file, as a GEDCOM file if you can read it. Or I can print it to a WORD file, if that is better for you.

Currys from Key West

Posted: 4 Mar 2000 4:17PM GMT
That would be great, Max. A GEDCOM file is fine for me. Thanks very much.

The Currys from Key West

Max (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 4:42PM GMT
I'll be glad to do it, but I can't send it to this board, so I'll need your email address. I'll be getting it ready in the meantime.
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 5:04PM GMT
Of course, sorry. It's dtrofatter@aol.com
Thanks again.

Currys in Florida

Carol Boyles Irvin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 3:39PM GMT
My great, great grandfather was Lawton Curry that came into Florida in the Second Seminole War and settled with other family members in Marion and Levy Co, FL. I have been told that the Currys from this area were related to the Key West Currys but I trying to find the connection. If anyone can help please let me know. My email address is: ancientdiva@yahoo.com
Thank you for any help.
Carol Boyles Irvin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic