Search for content in message boards

NICELY FAMILY

NICELY FAMILY

Posted: 10 Oct 2002 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I AM IN SEARCH OF INFORMATION ON WESLEY NICELY BORN ABT 1855 . WAS MARRIED TO NANCY A SPONSLER . SIBLINGS 1 KNOWN ERIE A. NICELY B: 1880 D:1947 . WESLEY PARENTS ARE JOHN NICELY B: IN PENN AND MARGARET MILLER FROM BADEN GERMANY . WESLEY ALSO HAS A BROTHER NAMED VALENTINE B:IN OHIO 1854 MARRIED EDITH WELLS AND THEN MARRIED ELLEN MILLER DREW . ANY ONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE GET A HOLD OF ME . THANK YOU VERY MUCH LAURA ICENHOWER

Re: NICELY FAMILY

Linda McElroy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2005 3:57AM GMT
In the will of Jacob Nicely of Mahoning County, Ohio, probated 15 Jan. 1850, Wesley and Valentine Nicely (heirs of John Nicely) were listed. John Nicely was deceased by 1877. John lived in Defiance, Ohio. This could be your family. I have more information.

laura (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2005 9:33PM GMT
yes sounds like it is would like to have any information you are welling to share . i would be willing to share what i have .
laura

Linda McElroy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2005 1:03AM GMT
Nicely, Jacob Will dated 2 June 1848 Springfield Twp.
Probated: 15 Jan 1850 Exec: Jacob Nicely, Jr

Widow: Elizabeth Nicely (receipt dated 9 Aug 1876 to John O Casky of Enon Valley for coffin for Mrs. Elizabeth Nicely, deceased) (Deceased owned land) ( Tombstone erected)

Heirs: John Nicely (son); Katharine w/o Henry Rauch (dau); Mary w/o John Pitts (dau); Sarah Harrison (dau); Samuel Nicely (son); Jacob Nicely, Jr. (son); Stephen Nicely deceased (son); Elizabeth w/o Daniel Coller (dau); Peter Nicely (son); the d/o Sarah w/o Emphram Harrison (gr dau); (the rest of the names all appeared on receipts dated 1877).... Sophia w/o Robert Marchugh (d/o Sophia deceased, who was an heir of John Nicely, deceased); Margaret Conkright;; Wesley Nicely (heir of John Nicely, deceased; Mary Ellen & Harriet Nicely (heirs of Washington Nicely, who was an heir of John Nicely, deceased);(grdn: William C Sponseller); Jacob & John Nicely, (heirs of John Nicely, deceased); Elizabeth Butler (heir of John Nicely, deceased); Aaron Nicely (heir of John Nicely, deceased); Valentine Nicely (heir of John Nicely, deceased); Elisabeth, Stephen & John Nicely (heirs of Stephen Nicely, deceased); Peter Nicely; Henry Nicely; Elizabeth Moreton d/o Sarah Harrison, of Enon Valley, aged 36 yrs in 1877; Sylvester Nicely, of Enon valley, exec. of Samuel Nicely, deceased; Daniel, Peter & Samuel Kohler; Willis Button, of Defiance, Ohio, (s/o Lavina Button, an heir of John Nicely, late of Defiance Co., Ohio; Aaron Nicely, of Defiance, Ohio.
Mahoning County, Ohio Will

I descend from John Nicely s/o Stephen Nicely, deceased. I believe Jacob Nicely's father could be John Nicely of Bucks County, Pa. From Beaver County Court April Term 1830, Beaver County, Pa, the petition of Jacob, Stephen Nicely, and Elizabeth Nicely, minors above the age of fourteen years. Humbly showeth that John Nicely, formerly of Bucks of County, dec by his last will and testament devised and bequeath to you petitioners a certain portion of his estate. Jacob was made guardian. Another petition was made for Peter Nicely, son of Jacob.

I have more information so e-mail me direct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions