Search for content in message boards

Hunters in Rochester and Burdett New York

Hunters in Rochester and Burdett New York

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 1:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter McIlheney Mendent
I am the great granddaughter of William H. Hunter and Emma A. McIlheney. William is the son of John Hunter and Jane E. Mendent (I think). John was born cir 1815 and Jane cir 1825 - both in Scotland. Their oldest child was Richard born cir 1849 in the state of NY (re census records). I believe they came throuth Canada.

I am looking to clarify my information and even more to trace John and Jane in Scotland. I would appreciate any information anyone could give me.

Re: Hunters in Rochester and Burdett New York

Posted: 1 Jan 2014 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
My name is Sandra Jean Hunter Dorsey, and I was born Montour Falls N Y and lived there a few years In my teen years. I am the daughter of John William Hunter B:25 july 1919, and his father was Seth David Hunter, born:1890 in Flint MI (died in 1951).... His father was John Hunter B;1847 in Canada...who married Louise Beamer/Arnold..Died 1931 OH. Most information I have gotten on my own for over 23 years of looking. Much info came from Census reports, some from familysearch.org, and others from roots web. I go to the library to do the ancestry.com stuff every so often. In researching our Hunter line (s)…be aware, some information is not available. I, as a few others have noticed …you get to a certain point..and you can't go any further w/o someone putting hints or, guides to follow and check..Unless you pay..many don't get to finish ones family chain to find ALL our roots.
Keep in touch if you like..
sandra jean hunter dorsey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions