Search for content in message boards

HURD

HURD

Peggy Garry (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HURD, THOMPSON, SPENCER, STONE, BRIGGS, BENNETT
Samuel Hurd married Charity Thompson on 4 Mar 1812 in Camillus, Onondaga Co. NY. I'm looking for Samuel's father.

Samuel Hurd

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 12:59AM GMT
In reference to Samuel Hurd's father. I have a notation that his father was Joseph born May 1750. There are references to a Joseph born in Conn. May 1750 who went "west". Several people have been trying to find where Joseph ended up - maybe Onondaga Co. I have never been able to find a death or burial for Joseph. Siblings of Samuel or listed as Joseph, John and Lydia who married Eastwood. Have you found out anymore since you listed this message?

Re: HURD

Vicki Kenyon (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 3:52PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Thompson, Hurd
I found this information at the Library, do you know what relationship this Charity Hurd was to Stephen Thompson?

The last will and testament of
Stephen Thompson of Camillus, Onondaga County, NY.
He was a Revolutionary war soldier born abt 1760 died 1835.
His wife - Patience Thompson
Sons - Adorijah Thompson, Issac Thompson, David Thompson (deseased), Stephen Thompson, Ebenezer Thompson (b abt 1805)
Daughters- Manerva Thompson, Angeline Thompson (b abt1810)
grandchildren:
Sally Berry, Polly Grover, David Thompson, Samuel Thompson, Leonard Thompson.
Also mentioned:
Charity Hurd, Polly Younger, Phebe Huntsinger

Re: HURD

Vicki Kenyon (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2001 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Hurd
Stephen Thompson's will states Charity Hurd wife of Samuel Hurd of the stste of Pennsylvania.

Re: Samuel Hurd

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: thompson, hurd
Charity Thompson Hurd wife of Samuel Hurd resided in Pennsylvania in 1833 when her father wrote his last will and testament she was the daughter of Stephen Thompson from Camillus, Onondaga County NY. She received 40 dollars according to the will. Perhaps you could find this Joseph Hurd in PA if the family moved together. Happy Searching.

Re: Samuel Hurd

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 12:46PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Hurd, Thompson
Samuel Hurd's Father Joseph Hurd, I found these census listings, maybe it will help.

1800 HURD JOSEPH New York Onondaga Unknown Townships 146

1850 HURD JOSEPH Philadelphia County PA 136 Penn District Federal Population Schedule PA 1850 Federal Census Index PAS6a1571292
per page

Find a board about a specific topic