Search for content in message boards

William Pearce 1735 - 1799

William Pearce 1735 - 1799

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 4:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearce/Tilton/Curtis/Jackson/Appleget(Applegate)
Looking for information on William Pearce (family) died in Manasquan, buried in Atlantic View Cemetery. My research is conflicting - I have him married to Mary Martha Green in 1755 and perhaps having 3 children - William, Samuel and Charity. He then married Lydia Tilton Curtis (previously married to Herbert Curtis having a child Thomas). William and Lydia had 3 children - James, Asher and Benjamin. I have found millenium records on ancestry that state that William and Lydia had a son William born 1770, I have also found information that there was a William Curtis born 1757 to Lydia. Perhaps the Williams are mixed up on some of these sites. Can anyone shed some light on which children belong to which set of parents? I decend from Asher (Mary Ellison), but I want to keep my records straight.

Re: William Pearce 1735 - 1799

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearce/Tilton/Curtis
Hi MaryBeth, I,also descend from Asher Pearce & Mary Ellison via their dau Mary Rebecca (Pearce) Curtis-Burdge.William Pearce m.1) Martha/Mary Green--& they had Samuel Pearce (who married Sarah Andrews; removed to KY), Charity Pearce (who married Anthony Swan; removed to West.Penn), and William Pearce (who probably started Pt.Pleasant NJ branch of Pearces). William Pearce (1735-1799) m.2) Lydia (Tilton) Curtis--& they had James Pearce (who married Ann Shibla), Asher Pearce (who married Mary Ellison), and Benjamin Pearce (who married 1.Elizabeth Newberry, m.2 Prudence Brown Newberry). Would like to exchange details about Asher & Mary (Ellison) Pearce...and Curtis family. thompson@bu.edu
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions