Search for content in message boards

NATIVE AMERICAN-Weaver

NATIVE AMERICAN-Weaver

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 12:13PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2005 12:40AM GMT
Looking for family of Native American who went by the name Weaver. Believed to have been a teacher in the 1860's, perhaps in Kansas. Any information would be appreciated.

Native Weavers

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 8:18PM GMT
My family has always talked about my Grt X 2 Grandfather being a Cherokee. He is David Weaver ,buried in DeGraff ,Ohio 1874. His wife smoked a pipe and their son Franklin is buried in Quincy, OH in an unmarked grave.David is said to have come to OH from the Cherokee Nation during the Trail of Tears time.I am a teacher, as many of our family are, but we do not believe David was.I have carried the Native traditions to thousands of school children with educational programs for many years. I am an organic chemist turned "Native", in my elder years.

NATIVE WEAVERS

KAREN MEWMAW (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 6:08PM GMT
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD THAT MY GG GRANDMOTHER
WAS A FULL BLOODED CHEROKEE INDIAN, MY GRANDFATHERS
NAME WAS FRED WEAVER HIS BROTHERS CHARLIE AND
BONIE BONIE WAS KILLED IN A GUN FIGHT IN MILAN
MO WHERE I LIVE. MY GREAT UNCLE CLARLIE LIVED
IN OKLAHOMA AS DID MY GRANDFATHER. THE TRAIL OF TEARS
WAS VERY INTERESTING WONDERING IF ANY CONNECTION.

Weavers/ Cherokee People, Ohio 1830's

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 7:13PM GMT
We have lived in this part of Ohio since 1834and were the first settlers allowed on this land to obtain the Military land grants for service in the Rev. and 1812 Wars.
david Weaver ,my family always said, was mostly Cherokee from Sharp Top Mtn. GA ??? No proof. If so he was from the then Cherokee Nation, or his father, or G. father ??? David, is my Grt. Grt. Grandfather. He is buried 10 miles from my present home, near Lewistown, OH. This was the last Shawnee/ Seneca Reservation in Ohio. My family came the year after the Natives were "shipped out" to your country. My cherokee family had already escaped to here and were now "White", Scotch, Irish, German but no mention of Indian blood at that time and all was lost from David back.I have been hunting hard to discover the next generation past David, with proof. Any more info. on your Weavers ??

WEAVER'S ...

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:07AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2002 5:49AM GMT
Am looking for the origin of my WEAVERS: W. F. WEAVER, b. 21 OCT 1847, wife: Elizabeth Rae, b. 21 OCT 1847. m. 08 May 1866. Parents of my great-grandmother Raeanna Florence Weaver, b. 04 MAY 1868, spouse of Edmon Pike Lowery. My Great-Grandparents lived and died in the the vicinity of Gravette, AR. / RSVP

WEAVER'S FROM OHIO

PAULINE FROM OHIO (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2001 6:09AM GMT
WILLIAM MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER WAS A CHEROKEE HER NAME IS CASSIE WEAVER HER HUBAND'S NAME WAS MONROE WEAVER.TOGETHER THEY 5 CHILDERN THERE NAME'S ARE RUTH,MARY,MAXINCE,MIMMA,AND LUCY. LUCY(WEAVER)JUSTIS IS MY GRAND MOTHER MY GRAND MOTHER MARRIED GEORGE JUSTIS. THRE FROM RANICE,POMAROY,DOWN AROUND THE OHIO RIVER.I DON'T NO MUCH ABOUT MY GREAT GRANDPA THE WEAVER'S BUT I'M TRYING TO FINE MY FAMILY ON THAT.IF YOU CAN HELP ME I'M ALL EYE'S AND BE WATCHING FOR YOUR REPLY HERE OR E-MAIL AT Pgreen397@cs.com
THANK YOU PAULINE

Weavers

Posted: 6 Feb 2001 8:50PM GMT
I have been digging hard for more Weaver information. I am certain they came from GA about 1830-36 to get away from "Southern Hostility" but can not get the connection proven with my David Weaver. There were David Weavers in GA at the right time but as all Cherokee's who survived, they broke most connections with the Home Nation. I appreciate your reply and I will attempt to use your family in my quest to find our precious heritage.
I have a "Harvest Pow Wow" every year for my family and friends at my farm . We love it, as much as my grand children do.We have it on the banks of the Muchinippi Creek near the Miami River, 100 miles North of the Ohio River.

WEAVER'S FROM OHIO

PAULINE GREEN (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 5:48AM GMT
WILLIAM,
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE REPLY TO MY LETTER.I CAN GIVE YOU SOME NAME'S MY AUNT GAVE ME.ANDALSO AWONMAN GOT AHOLD OF ME AND SHE ALSO GAVE ME SOME NAME'S OF HER WEAVER'S
SO HERE ARE THE NAME,S OF MY WEAVER.
THERE IS G.G.GRANDPARENT'S CASSIE (POWELL}WEAVER, MARRIED MONROE WEAVER,G.GRANDMA DIED IN DEC.29,1963,G.GRANDPA I DON'T NO WHEN HE DIED,THERE CHILDERN ARE RUTH BETZING,MARY WOLF,MAXINE MIDLER,MIMA,AND LUCY JUSTIS IS MY GRANDMOTHER.BUT MY MOM SAID THAT JOHN WEAVER WAS HER GRANDPA SO I A LITTLE CONFUSE ABOUT THE TO NAME'S.THEY ALL WERE RISED DOWN AROUND THE OHIHO RIVER.NOW THE WONMAN I BEEN TALKING TO THE THE NAME'S SHE GAVE ME WERE.JAMESA.WEAVER THE ONLY SON OFSTEPHEN LAFAYETTE WEAVER&FLORANCE(DAWSON)WEAVER.
THERE IS GEORGE WEAVER AND EVERETT. WELL THAT IS WHAT I GOT SO FAR IF I COME UP WITH ANY THING MORE I'LL BE GLAD TO GET A HOLD OF YOU.I'M LOOKING SO HARD FOR HER AND ME.
WELLFOR ALL OF US REALLY CAUSE I WHAT TO NO MY FAMILY ON MY MOM'S WEAVER SIDE.
WHERE YOUR FAIMLY GET TOGETHER SOUND'S LIKE ALOT OF FUN WISH I CAN BE THERE.
PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH
IN HOPE WE HAVE GOOD HUNTING ON OUR FAILY.
PAULINE FROM OHIO

Dave Weaver

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 10:31AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2002 8:51PM GMT
Although a Weaver from a family line in Alabama,
I am likely not kin. However, in looking for
kin, I came across the name Dave Weaver in a
listing of the rolls of the Cherokee Nation
before the removal. This was published in a
book I obtained from the Eastern Branch of the
Cherokee Nation in Cherokee, NC. I do have
some Cherokee blood in me from another branch
of my family, although a relation to this Dave
Weaver is not known and could be a connect as
well. This is all I know, but if you think the
Weaver's of Lauderdale County, AL, are kin,
let me know. Roger.

Dave Weaver>Ga

Posted: 23 May 2001 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:50AM GMT
My ancestors also claim to be from the Dave Weaver from Sharps Mountain in Georgia thru his daughter. The Eddings website details the relationships. Please contact me if interested. ehill@frontiernet.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic