Search for content in message boards

Gardners from upper NY state

Gardners from upper NY state

Posted: 30 Jan 2001 3:20AM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2001 1:00AM GMT
Looking for information on Octab, Joe and David Gardner who came to the US from Canada in the 1800's. They may have gone to Canada from France and could have been deserters from the Napoleonic Wars. The surname when they arrived in Canada could have been LaSavage or Dagenais. Their descendants settled in the Franklin and Clinton county areas of Upper NY state. If anyone can tie this in with any info they have, I would love to hear from them. Some descendants names would be Santamore, Hough, Mere and of course, Gardner.

Gardners in upstate NY

Posted: 12 Feb 2001 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2003 8:04PM GMT
I have many, many Gardner relatives, past and present in upstate NY. Except for Gardner the only of naem I have is Dagenais which I've raced back to 1600 France. Even though I don't recognize the names you've listed it is more likely than not that we could help each other. Contact direct if it is easier. Paul email: pjgard@aol.com

Gardners - St. Lawrence Franklin Counties

HR Herz (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 10:05AM GMT
I have some information on a Gardner family that came from Ireland (orig. Scotland) in 1852 and settled around Watertown, NY, Canton, NY and Fort Covington, NY areas. But no tie-in to Canada or France that I am aware of.

Re: Gardners from upper NY state

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gardner/Mere
I also have ties with Gardner/Mere from Franklin and Clinton County area. I don't have much information but would be willing to share any with you.

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU AS WE MAY HAVE A CONNECTION. PLEASE CONTACT ME..

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 5:35AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 8:07PM GMT
YOU CAN REPLY TO ME AT PAPOOSESD@EARTHLINK.NET. THANKS

Re: Gardners - St. Lawrence Franklin Counties

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2002 3:17PM GMT
Where in Scotland?

HRHerz (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gardner, Rossborough, McGregor
The John Gardner family came from Ballymena, County Antrim, Ireland. The Gardners reportedly came to Ireland in the late 1700s from the Perth - Edinburgh area. John Gardner was a successful ironmonger (hardware) salesman with a shop on Church Street in Ballymena. He was married to Margaret Rossborough who died circa 1850. In 1852 John brought the family to the United States and settled in Frankfort, NY, just outside Utica. The oldest son, James, who was studying to become a Presbyterian minister, went north to the Potsdam area and was ordained by the St. Lawrence Presbytery around 1854. His first posting was the church at Hammond, NY. He married Catherine McGregor, whose family came from Methven, Scotland.

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 3:24PM GMT

hrherz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 4:29AM GMT
I am unaware of any of Gardners who came from the New Grey Frier area. However, they reportedly resided in the Midlothian vicinity, so it's possible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions