Search for content in message boards

William Thomas Wright

William Thomas Wright

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on the family of William Thomas Wright (my son in laws maternal Great Grand Father). He was born 21 Apr 1879 in Sulphur Springs, Howard, Arkansas. I cant find any information on the family while they are in Arkansas. I am trying to find his parents and any siblings.

Re: William Thomas Wright

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 3:15PM GMT
I have a William Thomas Wright that died in 1911 (I do not have the birthdate). His parents were Thomas H. Wright (d. 1852 Bedford Co., VA) and Mary A. Daniel (no dates). Thomas H. Wrights father is John Wright b. 1745 VA and John's father was Francis E. Wright 1720-1767 VA)
Let me know if you think this could be a part of your family. I will send you more.

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 5:25PM GMT
Thank you for responding. The William Thomas that I am looking for passed away in 1952 in Idaho. Thanks again.

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 5:34PM GMT
I should have added this earlier, William Thomas Wrights wife was Cora Jetton.

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 2:43AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 10 Feb 2012 2:40AM GMT

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 1:46AM GMT
Sent you a message.

Thanks!

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 11:18AM GMT
I have Dr. James Wright b. 1725-1725 and brother William Steven Wright who married Anna Riddick 1738. Both are born in the same time frame as your Frances in SE VA counties. Son John runs in James' line and would be about the same age. Could Frances be a brother? What county is he from? Have you done any DNA testing?

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: wright
I have a william thomas wright in family also he would be my great grandfather an my dad's side my grandmother's name was gertie lee wright which william would be her father.she married dewey lambert wright they where frist cousin.

my email is phiskey69@gmail.com if you think this is him.
william thomas wright married julia ann latham

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 6:56PM GMT
William Thomas Wright. There is three lines of Wright that are claiming this person. They all have the same names and information listed. My line Has him listed as well and he lived in the same area as they did. I have research this name for sometime and cannot find any proof that he was not the son of Thomas B Wright and California "CAllie" Browne. This line of Wrights is very well documented and has lots of pictures in it.I have inform this researcher of the line with proof.

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 8:51PM GMT
Hello,

I wanted to follow up with everyone and thank you all for responding and trying to help me. After a lot of searching I feel that I have found what I was looking for. My Mother and some cousins that I had not met, both have family trees(very old, both from a family bible, and an old poster type) listing John Henry Wright as the father of my William Thomas Wright. I have found old family photos of John Henry that has him listed as Great Grandpa, which is what he would have been to my Mother and her siblings. I have also found the 1880 census listing the family in Van Buren, Arkansas. I have been able to verify John Henry also by his second wife, whom he is buried with in Berryville, Arkansas.
Thanks again for all the responses, and if I can be of help to anyone working on this line, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions