I am looking for other relatives in the William James Ray/Jarusha Frances Parker line (great grandparents). My grandmother (6th child Nealie) is said to be 1/2 Cherokee and I'm trying to find out whether it's from the Parker or Ray side that the Cherokee blood originates. Also, I will be in Smith Co. mid June 2009 for a day and would love to know recommended places to visit to further my research.
Here's the info I have on William James Ray and Jarusha Frances Parker thus far.
William James Ray is the son of Chesley Ray and Samantha A. Petross. He was born on 06 Dec 1864 in Tennessee. He died on 16 Jun 1928 in Wilson County, Tennessee.
Jarusha Frances Parker is the daughter of Archibald A. Parker and Mary E. Agee. She was born on 24 Apr 1874 in Smith County, Tennessee. She died on 11 May 1929 in Wilson County, Tennessee.
William James Ray and Jarusha Frances Parker were married on 08 Dec 1889 in Smith County, Tennessee. They had 13 children.
1. Robert Ray born 24 Apr 1890
2. Carrie Elizabeth Ray born 17 Apr 1893
3. Betty Emmaline Ray born 03 Aug 1895
4. Luther B. Ray born 18 Aug 1897
5. Louella Ray born on 11 Sep 1899
6. Nealie Geneva Ray born 18 Feb 1902
7. Lillie Ann Ray born 29 Feb 1904
8. Bessie Mae Ray born 29 Sep 1905
9. Infant Son Ray born on 25 Jan 1907 & died on 05 Feb 1907 buried in Agee Cemetery, Smith County, Tn.
10. Elsie Ray born 04 May 1908
11. Era Myrtle Estella Ray born on 29 Jun 1908
12. William Daniel Ray born on 19 Jan 1912 & died on 09 Apr 1914. Burial in AGEE CEMETERY.
13. Ruby Green Ray born on 05 Aug 1914.