Search for content in message boards

When will the Liverpool crew list keying be completed?

When will the Liverpool crew list keying be completed?

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 1:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear all,
Is there any way of finding out when the Liverpool crew list keying will be completed?
Best,
Sam

Re: When will the Liverpool crew list keying be completed?

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 3:56PM GMT
38302 image sets still to be downloaded for keying, 19295 for review. Showing as 52.34% completed.

I can't find the exact date when it was released for keying at the moment but looking at the update history of the wiki page, it was around the start of January 2012.

So there is probably very roughly a year to go until keying and review are finished, then there is the processing stage before it goes live.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 4:12PM GMT
You can try emailing Support for an estimate. Subject to change of course depending on the keying rate.

worldarchivesproject@ancestry.com

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 12:15AM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2013 12:15AM GMT
I only started keying/reviewing the Liverpool Crew Lists because I'm looking for just ONE name! Arthur MELBURN/MELBIN/MELBEN, a sailor - would have been in the early lists - up to about 1865, born c1800.

Guess I'll be waiting for a LONGggggg time at this rate - bit like the London Poor Law Records - only keyed/reviewed that project because I'm looking for ONE name! ggg grandfather John WATSON born c1791 of the parish of St Giles, Cripplegate.

By the time I find information about these two I'll be too old to remember why I wanted it in the first place!

Colleen

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 10:47PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2013 10:47PM GMT
I've just found out that my 2xg-aunt married a Master Mariner and they lived in Liverpool, so now I'm hoping he will turn up in these records! Charles Henry Holland born 1870 Preston.

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 9:24AM GMT
Oh well ... let's all keep plodding along. We can celebrate each time we knock off another 1,000 sets!

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 2:30PM GMT
I made a note of some of the sets I keyed on September 7th last year. This was when the Liverpool Crew Lists project page was updated with the images showing a correctly keyed Crew List and a Ship Information page with the required date highlighted, as I was curious to see if it would make any difference to the errors which keep cropping up in review.
Some of these set numbers were 2234045_1470, 2234106_59, and 2234110_17.
This morning I downloaded a batch to review, which contains set numbers 2234045_1447, and 2234106_70.
So the reviewing is about 7 months behind the keying!

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Holland
Not directly on your topic, but you might be interested to know that Charles and Ada Holland were the first people to live in our house in Birkdale from when it was built in 1912 until 1929 when I think they moved to Crosby.

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 10:47PM GMT
Really? That's very interesting, thanks. Ada died in Crosby in 1945 so you're right about them moving to Crosby.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions