I have Pomeroy/Pomroy who came to America
early 1800 Richard Pomroy Married Elizabeth
of Isle of Shoals, New Hampshire
Lewis Pomroy Married Maria Leonard son Simeon
Born 1847 Bangor, Me.

Pomeroy Isle of Shoals

Etta (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 1999 1:51PM GMT
To Pomeroy/Pomeroy:I have an ancestor Richard Pomeroy (dob 1670) who was born Isle of Shoals. He was married to Deliverance Berry. Richard died before 1725.
Richard and Deliverance had a son Richard as well as elizabeth, Jane, deliverance, mary, Benjamin, and William. Don't know if there is any connection or not.
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 9:29PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 11:45AM GMT
Searching any link on
Pomroy, Harriett b. 1847 d. 1919 Philadelphia, PA

Pomeroy/Pomroy

Lauren (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 5:03PM GMT
I have a Richard Pomeroy-b 1813, married Betsy Elizabeth Gilmur. His parents were Richard Pomeroy-b 1785 and Mary Ann Tufts, b. 1789. I think. . .

They lived in New Brunswick and then in Maine.

Family Migration to America = Lewis Pomeroy

Posted: 13 Apr 2001 3:45PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2006 8:49PM GMT
My husband's great grandparents were Lewis Pomery and Maria Leonard. They must have married in the 1840's or 1850's. Their daughter, Caroline, married Francis Snow of Hampden, ME, and their daughter, Ada Francis Snow, married Emery Linwood Leathers of Hermon, Me (next town to Hampden) and were my husband's parents. We have been able to find out very little about the Pomeroys of the Leonards. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Family migration to America

Posted: 18 May 2002 5:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2004 3:14PM GMT
I have Pomeroy /Pomeroy also from Isle of shoals,ME. and many ancestors in Charlotte Co, NB Canada are traceable to them Interested? Email jessnorm@nbnet.nb.ca.

Re: Family Migration to America = Lewis Pomeroy

Posted: 18 May 2002 5:13AM GMT
I also am of the Pomeroy line of Pomeroy- Seliverance Berry-tons of relatives in Charlotte Co , NB area. Interest?JAC

Re: Pomeroy/Pomroy

Posted: 18 May 2002 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Pomeroy
Hello- I too am a direct descendant of Richard and Mary Ann tufts. THey lived in St. James Parish, Charlotte Co, New Brunswick. Interested? Email me>
Posted: 19 May 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2006 8:49PM GMT
I have a Harriett Pomroy, daughter of Lewis & Maria (Leonard)
Pomroy. This family lived in Hampden, Penobscot Co., Maine. I have very sketchy information, except for one daughter, my husband's grandmother, but the children in the family seem to have been born between about 1846 and 1860.
Lewis & Maria are buried in the Locust Grove Cementery in Hampden.

Re: Family Migration to America = Lewis Pomeroy

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 12:08PM GMT
I have discovered a America Pomeroy in my family tree. We are not sure where her family came from. a copy of her obit. was discovered in my mother's family bible. America Pomeroy was the daughter of Isaac and Elizabeth Pomeroy. Her obit states that she died on August 26th. at 4 c'clock but it does not state the year, just that she was aged 55 years. Not much other information is know about her except that she married George K. Wells and had a daughter, Emily Wells that was born 14 Dec. 1817 in Kentucky
per page

Find a board about a specific topic