Search for content in message boards

James Gray

James Gray

Stewart Gray Kipp (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2000 5:38PM GMT
Looking for the origins of James Gray, br.3/28/1771 possibly Scotland or Ireland. Died 1844 in Illinois, sp Katherine.m about 1794 in Marion county Va. Later moved to Illinois. Children Asbel,Archibald,John,Mary,Andrew,Alexander,thomas,Jane T.,James,Amanda,Allen,and Young.
Many of the family moved to El Dorado county, Ca. early 1850's. We have a detailed record from 1851 on, but are searching for origins prior to 1790.
Any help greatly appreciated, request responses include e-mail alert .

GRAY FAMILY BORN IRELAND/SCOTLAND

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 7:58AM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2002 2:31AM GMT
HELLO STEWART
WELL, LETS HOPE WE HAVE ANOTHER CONNECTION HERE.
MY JAMES GRAY WAS ALSO BORN IN IRELAND/SCOTLAND.
ARCHIBALD IS THE MATRIACH OF THE FAMILY AND LOTS OF MEMBERS WITH THAT NAME.
ALSO ANOTHER FAMILY NAME =MANNING=STEWART=ELLA MALINDA=WILLIAM=JOHN=JAMES=JANE SCOTT GRAY KINDER(MY GREAT GRAND MOTHER, DAUGHTER OF ARCHIBALD GRAY. HE WAS BORN IN SCOTLAND, SHE IN IRELAND ANYTHING ELSE NEW PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THANKS TERRY

Gray Family beginnings in VA

Stewart Gray Kipp (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 1:50PM GMT
Thank you for the response,Terry. I now realize there were Grays scattered from Maine to Ga. early in the 18th century.
Does anyone know if there were Grays in the earliest settlements around Jamestown? Could they have been included among the initial settlers?

Gray Family from Scotland

Posted: 8 Jul 2000 11:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Sep 2008 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Gray
I am looking for anyone related to John Campbell Gray and his one of his brothers named Gerald Gray. They were 2 of 3 sons I believe. Their parents were Guy and Christina Gray originally from Scotland. Christina was born a Campbell but I do not know for certain. She was born out of wedlock to a governess and a Duke of Scotland. Christina was sent to the conservatory of music in Scotland and then went on to become a teacher before she met Guy Gray. Are there any connections out there?

Gray Family from Scotland

Posted: 8 Jul 2000 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2002 4:13PM GMT
I am looking for anyone related to John Campbell Gray and his one of his brothers named Gerald Gray. They were 2 of 3 sons I believe. Their parents were Guy and Christina Gray originally from Scotland. Christina was born a Campbell but I do not know for certain. She was born out of wedlock to a governess and a Duke of Scotland. Christina was sent to the conservatory of music in Scotland and then went on to become a teacher before she met Guy Gray. Are there any connections out there?

Thomas Gray at Jamestown 1608

Charles H. gray (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 1:01PM GMT
I have done extensive investigation pertaining to Thomas Gray of Jamestown, VA 1608. First two families left no heirs. He was given the first land grant in Virginia. Heirs through sons Thomas and William by his third wife.

Thomas Gray 1608

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 7:07AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 8:50PM GMT
I too have been researching this fellow. I would like to compare notes. Please contact me at draegray@yahoo.com if you are interested.
Thanks,
D. Gray

Grats from Scotland

Larry Gray McDaniel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 11:20AM GMT
Hello Jeannie,
When did your Gray line move to the US form Scotland. My Gray line moved to tenn from Scotland around 1850 plus or minus 5 years. You can contact me directly at bamabull9@aol.com.
Good luck,
Larry Gray McDaniel

James Gray

M.E. Gray Smiley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 6:06PM GMT
Not sure how my branch of Gray family
ties in, but found it interesting that
we have the following names in common:
John Gray, jr., died 1822; married Mary
"Polly" Reaburn, 2/2/1791. They had the
following children: James, Henry, John,
Archibald, Margaret, Jenny, Elizabeth,
Mary, Rebecca Alexander. I have no
specific info on James (some reference
to his being a soldier in the War of
1812), but his father
John, Jr. was prominent figure in Monroe
County, WV. Grandfather John Gray, Sr. (born
1740)came from Northern Ireland in 1761.

James Gray

M.E. Gray Smiley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 6:12PM GMT
Info I sent on James Gray, being soldier
in War of 1812, may be incorrect I believe
that James Gray was a son. James Gray,
son of John Gray, Sr. did serve in
the Virginia Militia and married Mary
Nickell.

Any connection to your James Gray?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic