Search for content in message boards

Photo: Levi Tate, Susan Tate, OH PA

Photo: Levi Tate, Susan Tate, OH PA

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
At an antique shop in Delaware OH I found 2 old CDV phtos of the Tate family. The first photo is by a Williamsport PA photographer. Written under the photo:

Levi L Tate

I believe this is Levi Lamburn Tate, son of William Tate and Esther Painter. Levi married Mary Berry and Susan Carpenter. I see him in Williamsport in 1870.

The second photo is by a Wooster Ohio photographer. Written under the photo:

Susan Arin Tate

My first thought was that this was Levi's 2nd wife, Susan Carpenter. But I don't know why she would have ever been in Wooster Ohio. Was she? Or is this a different Susan Tate?

Joecan

Re: Photo: Levi Tate, Susan Tate, OH PA

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter
Hello

I am writing a book on the Carpenter family. If you have pictures (photos), I would love to add them to the family. Can you email them to me.

I have attached a small family tree file on "Levi Tate & Susan Carpenter".

fast_roadrunner@me.com

Sincerely
Jesse Carpenter
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 5:56AM GMT
Is the picture online anywhere or can you email me a copy? My mother is working on a family tree and would be very interested to check out the picture. She is the daughter Lester Hickok Tate.

Thanks, Jud

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 3:56PM GMT
Here are scans
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Jul 2014 7:11AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2014 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter, Tate, Campbell, Marshall….
Is it possible to know where the photos came from….? I have downloaded them and I may incorporate them into the book I am working on. Has any one confirmed whether they are the Tates from PA. Also his wife is Susan A. Carpenter the daughter of John Carpenter and Mary Campbell. Levi L. Tate was born in Clearfield County, Pa but I have no idea what township. In 1883 his family was living in Williamsport, Pa. Just looking for any confirmation. Please let me know if other pictures exist of the family as well. Thanks.
Jesse Carpenter
fast_roadrunner@me.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions