Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in NC

Cemeteries in NC

Posted: 28 Dec 2007 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to determine how I can locate the Bryant-Edwards Cemetery in Cobb Town, NC (Edgecombe County). If anyone has any information they can give me it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cemeteries in NC

Posted: 29 Dec 2007 12:59AM GMT
This is the only transcription that I found on the internet.
http://searches.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/nc/edgecombe/...

Posted: 29 Dec 2007 5:55AM GMT
Thank you so much for your help! Hopefully, I can map out its location to get more names from that cemetery. Is there a way to find out if anyone is still transcribing headstones or markers for that area?

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 1:42AM GMT
Just wanted to thank you. I have yet to find the Bryant- Edwards cemetery but in my search I found the Buddy-Hemby Memorial Cemetery which was another on my list. Thank you.

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 9:39PM GMT
The Bryant Edwards Cemetery was surveyed in the 1980s by a member of the local genealogical society. Her file indicates the cemetery is located at the intersection of state roads #1614 and 1615 in the Sparta Township. Cobb town is really a community and not a real town.
If you let me know who you are looking for I can see if that person is listed with this cemetery.

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 10:22PM GMT
Thank you so much! If it is the same cemetery, I am looking for the following individuals:
William Henry Wooten
Margaret Edwards Wooten
Harriet Edwards Knight
George Edwards
Becky Ann Edwards
Chesterfield (Charlie) Knight
Bennie Knight

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 10:23PM GMT
May I ask if there is a way I may view the file?

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 1:29PM GMT
The file is at the Edgecombe County Memorial Library. The Genealogical society is in the process of publishing a book with the various cemeteries around the area that have been recorded. I do not have the original files, but I can check and see if the names you are interested in are there.

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Wooten, Knight, Edwards
None of the names you had were in the Bryant Edwards cemetery but the survey was done some time ago. There are three possibilites. 1-The graves may have been in the cemetery but the markers could have been wooden or simple funeral home signs that have since disappeared. 2- the graves are in another cemetery although I searched our files and could not find the names as listed so they could be in a cemetery that has not been surveyed; 3- the graves were marked since the survey was done.

I searched our database and did not find the names listed in any family cemeteries. They could be in church cemeteries which we have not yet indexed or they could be in town cemeteries which also are not indexed yet.

Do you know approximately when the people died? Sometimes we can locate a grave using a death certificate (available from 1915 on) or by contacting some possible funeral homes (only recent 20th century)

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 9:47PM GMT
I would really appreciate if you are able to check into that for me. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions