Search for content in message boards

Shipley/Lincoln

Shipley/Lincoln

Posted: 27 May 2011 5:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shipley, Lincoln, Dorsey, Kendall, Parker, Walker, Maple
I received a handwritten copy of my family tree from my great grandmother. It was traced back to Elizabeth Stevens and Robert Shipley. It also has listed Charles, Ruth, Keturah, Elizabeth, Sarah, Lois, William, and George Shipley. My copy seems a little disorganized. If anyone has any information they could send me that would be great.

Ch/o Robert SHIPLEY

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 10:27PM GMT
The children of Robert & Elizabeth SHIPLEY are all listed together in the Register of Queen Caroline Parish, now Howard Co., and there's a copy at the Maryland Diocesan Archives.

Charles, b. 27 Mar 1711
Robert, 19 Oct. 1712
Ruth, 14 Aug. 1715
Keturah, 22 Nov. 1717
Elizabeth, 7 Mar. 1718/19
Sarah, 3 Je. 1721
Lowis, 1 Je. 1723 (dau. Lois)
George, 26 Sep. 1726
William, 1 May 1729.

These dates agree with the Shipleys of MD, 2002.

Charles SHIPLEY d. bef. 12 Sep. 1767. He had married Margaret and owned "Shipleys Mill," north of the Patapsco, now in Caroline Co.
Robert married Sarah DORSEY and moved to Lunenberg/Bedford Co., VA, & by 1771 to Mecklenburg Co., NC.
Ruth m. Dr. Howes GOLDSBOROUGH
Keturah m. Philip PORTER
Elizabeth d. 1795, m. John HOOD, s/o Benj.
Sarah m. as 2d wf/o Nicholas GASSAWAY s/o John
Lois probably m. Basil POOLE, s/o Basil POOLE & Lois SHIPLEY
George d. 15 Jan. 1802; m. Catherine OGG.
William's will was pr. 1 Apr. 1794; m. Rebecca OGG.

Catherine & Rebecca were daus/o George OGG & Mary POTEE.

What is your line of descent from Robert SHIPLEY & Elizabeth?

Re: Ch/o Robert SHIPLEY

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 4:31PM GMT
Hey!! I think we are related!! My family are the Shipleys of MD. I have to get some info from my aunt, but I know my grandmother was born in 1921 in Sykesville. Some of your names sound familiar. Please get in touch with me if you can help. I'm new to this family history research. Thank you!

Re: Shipley/Lincoln

Posted: 12 Jul 2011 8:15PM GMT
Which of Robert and Elizabeth's children are you descended from. My ancester is their son Robert who married Rachel. I have information on that line

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 3:52PM GMT
Please give us the name of your grandmother and further details about her siblings and parents. We can probably find them on censuses.

Posted: 15 Jul 2011 11:21PM GMT
Robert Newton Shipley was my great great great grandad. His son Marion Arthur was my great great grandad. I believe he was the older brother of your Robert. I think thats the Robert you're referring to. If you have any info past Robert Newton I would breatly appreciate it. He was married to Susan Brown. Both born in early 1840's.

Thank you!

Re: Robert and Rachel

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 10:47PM GMT
This Robert (who married Rachel)is one of my ancestors also. According to FTM, he is my 5th great-granduncle. I have info to share on my line if interested.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 4:54AM GMT
Thank you for your information. Sorry about the late response. It seems that I'm a descendant from Charles Shipley.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 4:57AM GMT
I don't have much information about the family, but it seems to me that Robert Shipley, not sure about middle names, had a son named Robert also and he married Sarah Dorsey?

Re: Robert and Rachel

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 5:03AM GMT
I'm not sure if my information is correct, but there is a Rachel Shipley on my side, that was daughter of Adam Shipley and Margaret. As for Robert, one was married to Elizabeth Stevens, and Robert Jr. married Sarah Dorsey. Do you have any other information?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions