Search for content in message boards

MIKE BURK married ELIZA ODANIEL IN ILLINOIS

MIKE BURK married ELIZA ODANIEL IN ILLINOIS

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 7:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burk, Burke, O'Daniel, Neighbor,Israel
Trying to find my ggrandparents. Mike was born in Ireland I believe in 1815 don't know when he came to US but married Eliza Odaniel in 1862 and they lived in Jackson county, Illinois. My ggrandfather was their son John Ed Burke who married Lavina Neighbor in Illinois and they were buried in Oakland Cemetary in Carbondale, Il. My grandfather was one of about 9 kids, Robert Lee Burke born in Bedford Indiana in 1891. They moved to Makanda/Carbondale in the late 1890's. My grandfather died in 1931 in St Clair County from a train accident but he lived in St Louis with his wife Nellie Jane Israel from McLeansboro, Illinois.
Would appreciate any help possible. Thank you.
Lee

Re: MIKE BURK married ELIZA ODANIEL IN ILLINOIS

George (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
You need to search their US records to find who their parents were and the town, townland, civil parish and county where they were born in Ireland because there are no vital records in Ireland before 1864 and no census records for the 1800s. You need their parents names and exact birth location to look for the church register that might have their baptismal records. Many of the old church registers haven't survived.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic