Search for content in message boards

John Mayes

John Mayes

Sarah Busche (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mayes, Miller, Davis, Von Berg
Looking for a John Mayes who resided in Fayettevillle Washington, Co. AR. He was a judge and a lawyer. He probably died in the 1940'2, maybe as late as the '50's. He had several wives and several children, two who were named Stanley and Robert. He also had a sister named Martha Louise Von Berg "Aunt Lou".

John Mayes

Posted: 1 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Mayes, Mankins, Evans, Hannah
Sarah, I have John Mayes and John Woodson Mayes of Fayetteville, however John was a preacher and neither fit your time period. John died 1910 and John Woodson died in 1924. John Woodson was married 3 times and I only have one wife's name which was Macy Evelyn "Evans" Johnson.

There were lots of Mayes in Pryor, Mayes County, OK. if you have not looked there, a lot of Cherokee descent. Macy is buried there.

Ruby

Re: John Mayes

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 1:00AM GMT
Hi - I would be interested in discussing Von Berg with you. Thanks.
Posted: 26 Feb 2011 6:16AM GMT

Having recently started research on the Mayes family - and the Von Berg connection. I am grandchild of Charles L. Von Berg and wife, Martha Louise (Mayes) Von Berg.
Would like to talk with you about this family
Posted: 27 Feb 2011 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: mayes - shonebeck (shoneybeck)

Please contact me at vjholmstrom@gmail.com re John Mayes or Florence Shonebeck (shoneybeck)
Posted: 8 Mar 2012 4:39AM GMT

I would be interested in learning your connection/interest in the von berg of Fayetteville, ar

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 12:54AM GMT
If you are still looking for information on John Mayes, I think I found a picture of him. I'm related to a different John Mayes and remembered seeing your post some time ago.
Posted: 13 Mar 2012 11:13PM GMT
Thanks - yes, I'm still exploring - would love to see the picture - can you e-mail it - vjholmstrom@gmail.com

thanks
Posted: 22 Jul 2012 10:00PM GMT

If you are still interested in discussing the Von Berg family with me, please reply.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 4:56PM GMT
John Mayes was my grandfather. He was not a judge. I have tons on information about him and his ancestors.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions