Search for content in message boards

William Allen family- 1800's

William Allen family- 1800's

Wayne Sheets (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALLEN, CHRISTIAN, BARRETT, ALLEN, CREECH
Looking for info on William Clinton, b. abt 1790-1800, with children named Clinton Thomas, William and Garett. Clinton Thomas married to Virginia Jane Christian and their children were: James, Bettie,Susan Ann, William, John F,Thomas C., Pattie Martha, and Mary Saloan(my grandmother). I have all the info on Mary Saloan m. Stephen Nelson Creech in 1894

Clinton Thomas Allen

Noell (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN, BARRETT
I have a Thomas Allen m. Jane Christina
daughter Martha Patsie Allen b. 9/28/1867 TN,
d. 12/14/1950, IN m. Calvin Barrett. my info doesn't go back any farther than Thomas though sorry.

Re: William Allen family- 1800's

David Sims (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Anderson, Blackburn, Conner, Curnutt, Chess, Gibson,
My Allens are from Rogersville in Hawkins county. They include...

James Stokley Allen abt 1870
m - Margaret Jane Anderson b abt 1873 with
Cora Lee (Conner, Curnutt) b 1893
Onzie Edward b 1897
Nora Belle (Gibson, Blackburn) b 1899
Thomas Clinton b 1901
Bonnie Lee (Curnutt) b 1903
Theodore Roosevelt b 1905
Starnes Looney b 1907?
Ella Verna (Chess) b 1909

What caught my eye on Wayne Sheets' post was the 'Clinton' name. It appears twice on his list and I'm willing to bet Clinton Thomas' 7th child is Thomas Clinton (probably not mine though...)

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Allen Barrett Baldwin
I may be years too late, but the William Allen mentioned is my fourth great grandfather. His second son, William, is my third great grandfather. His son Fredrick Thomas homesteaded in Missouri with John Clinton Barrett and others. Fredrick had many children, my great grand father Hugh Columbus Allen being one of them. This branch of Allen's from the original family of Hawkins TN is still settled in Missouri (most of us within 200 miles of Fredrick's first homestead), specifically the hills of the Ozarks, geographically very similar to the Hawkins region of TN. My father is a James Allen, as am I and my son. Barrett's and Allen's were still tight as of the 1930s in this area, but no links today in this region. Interested in any information that may be available prior to the Allen's before TN.

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 7:57PM GMT
Never too late!

My Allen branch headed to Texas.

Unfortunately I do not currently have anything on the Allen family before Tennessee. I'm also missing details for Hugh Columbus Allen's descendents (hint, hint).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions