Search for content in message boards

Dr. Benjamin Frederick Duggan Bedford Co. Tn.

Dr. Benjamin Frederick Duggan Bedford Co. Tn.

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 12:54AM GMT
Still looking for the family of Dr. Duggan. He was born 22 Jan. 1821 and died 1 Mar.1898. His first wife was a Nancy A. Duggan and at least four children; Benjamin F. Duggan Jr., Solon S. Duggan, Benjamin Oscar Duggan and Algesena Antonette Duggan.
Dr. Duggan was a M.D. and a D.D. and was a Dr. in the civil war from Tn. His second wife was nancy Jane Steed. No children. I have not been able to find who his family is. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance. Charleen Steed

Duggan Family

Connie Duggan Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2001 6:56AM GMT
My name is Connie Duggan Blevins. My father is Charles Duggan, grandfather David Duggan, great grandfather Horace Duggan and great great grandfather Benjamin Duggan Jr. I believe I might be part of this family you are looking for!

Re: Dr. Benjamin Frederick Duggan Bedford Co. Tn.

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duggan
My maternal grandfather was Benjamin Oscar Duggan, Jr of Chattanooga, TN, who was the son of B.O. Duggan Sr and Barbara Graves Duggan. His grandfather was the Dr. Benjamin Frederick Duggan of your email. B.O. Duggan Sr was the Commissioner of Education in TN during the 1930s and B.O.Duggan Jr was an attorney in Chattanooga from 1934 until he died in 2001.

Are you looking for descendants or ancestors of B.F. Duggan?

Emily Jenness

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 10:13PM GMT
Benjamin F. Duggan is listed in the 1860 US Census as a merchant in Unionville, TN, not an M.D. He organized Benjamin F. Duggan Co "A"--men from Bedford Co at Camp Trousdale, TN for the Confederate Army. His company was organized into the 55th (McKoins) TN Infantry Regiment on January 30, 1862 and fought at Shiloh (with very heavy casualties) as a part of BG S.A.M. Wood's Brigade of Hardee's Corps. My Gr-gr-grandfather, from Unionville, was a 1st Lt. in this company.
Would be very interested in information about Capt. Duggan.
Carl H. Stem

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 10:09PM GMT
I have a Duggan family bible. The name on the front is Rev. B.F.Duggan. The birth and death dates match. Benjamin Fedrick Duggan was married to Nancy Adkins Elliot October 23, 1838. Daughter of the Reverend Samuel Elliot. Married in Coffee County Tennessee by Reverend J.L. Hawkins. Nancy was born on October 23, 1806 in Pennsylvania County, Virginia. died June 24, 1888 in Unionville, TN.
Is this the Duggan you are looking for?

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 10:15PM GMT
Sorry that is Fredrick not Fedrick.

Re: Duggan Family

Posted: 10 May 2012 7:44AM GMT
Connie, I am carrie, daughter of eileen duggan. david duggan was my grandfather too! looking for more information on duggan line, going to ellis island in a few weeks. called Jimmy, he only knows as far back as horace. can you help me?

Posted: 24 May 2013 3:49PM GMT
Definitely part of this family if you are still looking for others.

Posted: 24 May 2013 3:51PM GMT
Emily - At the time I was looking for descendants. I was in touch for awhile with someone that would be related to you - Barbara S. Unfortunately, I lost contact with her.

Posted: 24 May 2013 3:52PM GMT
Carl - From what I've been able to find, this is the same Benjamin. My records show he was in the military, a reverend, and a doctor.

Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions