b-Sept 20, 1862--Nov 11, 1934

Joshua Stillman Clarke Sr was the father of
Arthur Byron Clarke Sr. Jan 17, 1901--1979
Warwick, Rhode Island

Arthur Byron Clarke Sr was married to my grandmother
Winnifred Violet Minnie (Ayres) Clarke
Feb 17, 1900--April 7, 1974
born in Norwich, England

I am looking for info on any Clarkes, Overtons, Rathbones, Ayres or Knights from this time frame--location

thanks, Rebeccah

Re: Jeramiah K. Rathbone or Robert Rathbone

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 3:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have information on this family for both the Ayres and Overton. I am descended from these Ayres.

rebeccah (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2006 1:59PM GMT
Hi
I am minnie overton (ayres) clarke-grand daughter
how do you know the family?
thank you for your reply

Scott A. Walker (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2006 6:58PM GMT
I am descended from William Thomas Ayres and his 3rd wife Emily Spaul.

William Thomas Ayres, son of William Sear Ayres and Caroline Charles, was born 2 May 1850 at 61 King Street, St. Margaret, Westminster, Middlesex, England. He married (1) 2 November 1873 at St. John the Baptist Church, Hoxton, Shoreditch, Middlesex, England, to Emily Spaul, daughter of Thomas Peter and Mary Ann Spaul, born 1851 and died 7 October 1884. William married (2) 31 January 1885 at St. John's Church, St. John Holloway, Isington, Middlesex, England, to Elizabeth Faith Washer, daughter of James and Elizabeth Washer, born about 1849 and died 1889. William married (3) 6 April 1890 at St. Stephen, Norwich, Norfolk, England, to Minnie Overton, daughter of Alfred and Mary Ann Overton, born 26 August 1860 and died 7 October 1932.

William Thomas Ayres and Emily Spaul had seven children (that I know of), the third one being Elizabeth Caroline Ayres, born 17 January 1880, at Loughton, Epping, Chigwell, Essex, England and died 11 June 1906 at Canton, Norfolk, Massachusetts. She married 2 December 1902, at Canton, Norfolk, Massachusetts, as his first wife, Harry Purvis Walker, son of Alfred Walker and Hannah A. Hall, born 2 August 1878, at Studholm, Kings, New Brunswick, Canada, and died 16 March 1942, at Wollaston, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts. They had three children: Dorothy Ethel Walker, Herbert William Alfred Walker, and Harry Percy Walker.
Herbert William Alfred Walker was born 29 March 1905, at Canton, Norfolk, Massachusetts and died 18 July 1960 at Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts. He married 4 August 1928, at 56 Auleon Avenue, Braintree, Norfolk, Massachusetts, to Mary Frances Pratt, daughter of Minot Pratt and Carrie Frances Walsh, born 4 January 1907 and died 31 August 1970. They had 6 children. Their 4th child was Albert Leonard Walker, born 12 March 1936 at Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, and died 28 November 2004 at Pembroke, Plymouth, Massachusetts. He married 25 April 1957, at Christ Episcopal Church, Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts, to Gloria Joan Counter, daughter of Robert Richard Counter and Dorothea Blanche Sullivan, born 8 July 1938 at Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts. They had 7 children. I'm the 5th child.

I have pictures of William Thomas Ayres and one of his wives, either Emily Spaul or Minnie Overton (I'm not absolutely sure which one). I also have all the birth, marriage, and death certificates of everyone, as well as all the England and U.S. Census records.
Let me know if there is anything that you would like.

Posted: 19 Jan 2009 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: Ayres Spaul
Hi Scott,
I too am descended from William and Emily Ayres, but through their daughter Emily Selina Ayres. I would be very interested in any information that you have on them.

Andrew Collinson

Posted: 20 Jan 2009 3:49AM GMT
Hi Andrew...I have William Ayres' birth certificate, his 3 marriage certificates, and his death certificate. I also have pictures of him and Emily, as well as a couple of their children. Email me at Rachmaninoff_2000@Yahoo.com for more information.

Posted: 31 Dec 2010 7:49PM GMT
I'm the daughter of a Rathbone if you want to check out my family tree...hopefully this is the right Rathbones..

Posted: 5 Jan 2011 6:33PM GMT
hi
My mother was Ruth Clarke Lampert (maiden name Clarke)
she had traced her family back to the Jeremiah K. Rathbone (rathbun) she wasnt sure how it was spelled exactly? It was back in the 1600's.
I recently had back surgery and wont be able to be on here much. but if you write it will notify me that i received a message. Let me find my records on the rathbone.
ok here goes
My mother Ruth Ethel (Clarke) Lampert dob 11-28, 1920 Boston Mass passed 11-18, 2000 father was Arthur Byron Clarke Sr. DOB 1-17, 1901 Rhode Island Passed 10-15, 1978 Hartford Connecticut Arthur was the son of Joshua Stillman Clarke Sr. and Mary Eliza Rathbun (spelling?)
Mary Eliza Rathbun was the daughter of Jermiah Rathbun and Abby Holland. Joshua Stillman Clarke Sr. is the son of Benjamin Clarke and Mary Potter.
I hope this helps. I am Rebeccah Lampert Williams of southern Illinois. Please tell me about yourself. Thanks, Rebeccah
per page

Find a board about a specific topic