Search for content in message boards

Payne Family in Alabama

Payne Family in Alabama

D. Payne (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 8:20AM GMT
I am looking for info on my G. Grandfathers family. His name was Robert Payne (born late 1880's), he had 2 brothers that I know of' their names were Wesley and Eli. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Paynes in Alabama

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 2:18AM GMT
I have several Paynes in my family with roots in Alabama. Does a Nathaniel S. Payne
who married Sarah Smitherman living in Bibb County around Randolph, Alabama fit into your
research? If so I have earlier family history and we are linked. Too many in this family to list.

Paynes in Alabama

Dana Payne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 8:03AM GMT
I don't know if there was a Nathaniel in my family or not. I know that my Great Grandpa's name was Robert and he was born in 1887, and he had 2 brothers named Eli, and Wesley. Robert was married to Clara bell Smith and They had my Grandaddy (Harold Payne) and 5 other children. They have all passed away now. So, anything I have now, I have gotten from my grandmother and she didn't really know anything about that side of the famly. If you recognize any of these names please let me know.
Thank You

Paynes in Alabama

Dana Payne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 8:05AM GMT
I don't know if there was a Nathaniel in my family or not. I know that my Great Grandpa's name was Robert and he was born in 1887, and he had 2 brothers named Eli, and Wesley. Robert was married to Clara bell Smith and They had my Grandaddy (Harold Payne) and 5 other children. They have all passed away now. So, anything I have now, I have gotten from my grandmother and she didn't really know anything about that side of the famly. If you recognize any of these names please let me know.
Thank You

Re: Paynes in Alabama

Posted: 2 Sep 2003 1:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have any information on John W Payne who lived in Bibb county in 1920. On the 1920 census for Randolph Priccenct, he is listed immediately after Luman and Hattie Burnett, who are my grand parents. I believe John Payne is the father of Hattie, but am not sure. I would like any information on John, his wife and any children.

Posted: 4 Sep 2003 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Byrd, Dodson, Dove, Goodson, Hunt, Miley, Neal, Nichols, Moody, Patterson, Payne, Ratcliff, Ross, Rougeou, Shumate, Walker and Weaver
Hi Debra,
You, Jim Payne and I, the former Hazel Payne, are relavitves.
Hattie's parents John Wesley Payne and (2nd wife)Dora Lucus
John's parents were Nathaniel S. Payne and Sarah Smitherman (Nathaniel died during the Civil War, at Camp Jackson, FL)
Nathaniel S. Payne and Jonathan S. Payne, my great grandfather were brothers. Their parents were Moses Payne and Elizabeth Payne.
For more information, please e-mail me privately
Hazel

Posted: 4 Sep 2003 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2005 8:04PM GMT
We are related through Jonathan Payne Please e-mail me so I can add you to the family site.
jim

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 6:24PM GMT
Hazel,

Please contact me. We shared information on the Payne family about 5 years ago.

Thanks,
Jerry Payne

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Payne
Hi Jerry,
I'm still here. My e-mail address is gen-search@cox.net. I will be looking to hearing from you.
Hazel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic